Chapter 61: Eye to Eye

~~~

"So, two Akatsuki are now dead, huh?" Questioned Asuma, conversing with Kakashi as they walked through Konoha beside each other.

"Yeah, it was a tough battle, but we managed to scathe through in the end. Although it was more preferred if someone didn't have to die." Asuma nodded, agreeing with these words as he smoked a cigarette.

"But it seems as though you managed to survive and rescue the ones that were within your reach, no?" He asked, getting a small nod from Kakashi.

"I guess so; but I can't just shake off the feeling of knowing that things could've been different if I had tried harder." Asuma sighed releasing the clouds of smoke that built from inside his mouth.

"So, how are things on your end? You know, with Kurenai and all." Asuma raised an eyebrow, smiling as he came to a thought. He had the cigarette between his fingertips.

"Things are going great. Our lives together is finally moving again." Kakashi gained a slightly smile under his mask, making his one eye curve into a smiley-shape.

"That's good. It's good to hear that something good is going on within a world full of bad." Asuma and Kakashi had finally made it to the training grounds.

Another day of these multi-team sessions were at it again. It was a good way for them to connect and be well-acquainted with one another incase they were in a team with each other.

If there were no chemistry with one another, then the team will just be a complete mess. This is their goal for these sessions.

"You're late," Kurenai, looking at the two them. She wore her signature outfit as her untamed black hair followed her. The two rubbed the back of their heads as they looked at her.

"Sorry about that," told Asuma, leading the way as he stood right beside her. Kakashi copied this, shifting his body so he would be standing beside Asuma. The ever-so eccentric Guy was busy hyping up Rock Lee.

Looking at the battle in front of them, they saw both Sakura and Choji dueling it out in a sparring match. Kakashi smiled under his mask, a sad one ruling over his face.

He and everyone here liked what they had; the peacefulness like a steady flowing river. These were people that he had grown to care and protect for.

Kakashi, like everyone else, didn't want to let these things go. But the paranoia of losing it all always creeps up and haunts him.

He didn't want to lose another person he cared for and considered family.

~~~

"What do you need, Sai?" Asked Naruto, as he looked at the person in front of him. Sai plastered a smile on his face, one that was full of insincerity.

"I have information that I think you'd be interested in." Naruto nodded, his interest now being caught by those words. He looked at Sai attentively.

"Danzo has connections to Orochimaru." Naruto was immediately disappointed by said information. This type of info wasn't anything new to him and was pretty obvious.

Naruto had placed a bit of trust on Sai. Although not a lot, it was still sufficient enough to carry on his duty. Maybe he considered him a 'friend', but who truly knows.