Chapter 129: Eternity - The Final Dance!

~~~

They stood in silence, their eyes locking as the snow raged with a cold fury. The snow dug into their bodies, but it did not bother them for even the slightest moment.

In an instant, they disappeared.

*CLASH!*

Naruto and Madara clashed violently, with the latter bearing a grin filled with utter madness. Twisting his body, Madara's leg brushed past the wind.

With a loud thump, Naruto blocked the kick that threatened to tear his head off of his body. A shockwave formed from the aftermath.

Don't waver. Naruto thought, ducking down to dodge a straight punch from Madara. Stepping back, Naruto felt the wind rush from the bottom of his neck, contorting.

Before, Naruto had wavered, but now, he simply felt the bliss of nothingness. His fingers curled, becoming a flat fist that tensed and calmed during the dimness of the Moon's gaze.

"Your condition is fragile, but your power has heightened." Naruto ignored Madara's compliment, the emotions that he had simmering down.

"Shut up."

Naruto, persevering through the endless pain, ushered his arms and used his superior martial arts to push him away.

Throwing his body forward, Naruto flung his foot down, stabilizing his breathing before it could become a rigid mess. Seeing his kick easily, Madara caught the kick, throwing him down.

Before he could crash into the mountain, Naruto saved himself by pressing his hands into the stone that hid under the precious snow. He gritted his teeth, feeling the intense pain reverberate against his forearms.

Naruto broke free from Madara's grasp, a tiny slither of blood leaking from his mouth as he flipped his body away, creating a considerable amount of distance.

Naruto caressed his arms, the painful feeling subsiding after a few seconds of relief coursing through his veins once more. Launching himself forward, Naruto leaned to the side, dodging a swaying fist that hovered.

Rolling forward, Naruto appeared from behind, initiating a sweep to his legs. But Madara, with his Rinnegan, ushered a propulsing force behind the palm of his hand.

Naruto, holding against his own against the pain that coursed through his body, brought his arms out, narrowly dodging a fist that destroyed the ground that they stood on.

Leaping, Madara sent a fireball that Naruto withered away with his Kengen. Backing away, Naruto also sent a fireball that bloomed in the cold weather.

With fluttering hair, Madara shot a fist forward, destroying the ball of fire that dove in the cold snow that fell under their gaze.

From before, Naruto had connected to the televisions, the signal between the two of them being terribly miserable; but it worked, even if just barely.

And, with that, the world was watching over this fight. The people did not want a winner; only wanting two losers that died in each other's fists.

Their fear burned, but deep down, their hatred burned far brighter than anything that they elt on the surface. If one had something to compare such thing to - it'd be like the sun.