Chapter 94: The Idea of Change - Evolution!

~~~

The ground shook in fear, and it rumbled like thunder striking with fury. Obito stood defiantly, each step digging itself with the clad of white strings.

"Very well then... come at me." Obito saw the challenge that Pain had inserted with bravery. He felt every wave of shocks that traveled through the air.

"My pleasure." Obito, who had once been walking, had suddenly appeared behind Pain, his hand curled into a terrifying fist. He reeled it back, sending Pain an adventure of a lifetime.

Obito trailed from behind, his speeds surpassing even the strikes of lighting. Pain's vision staggered, crashing into many homes and trees.

All he saw were the mangled bodies of dead humans that were caught in the crossfire. Obito jumped, gliding through the air, trails of white strings followed from behind and upfront.

He slowed down, letting Pain see him for just a split moment.

Pain outstretched his hand, shooting out a Shinra Tensei so he could push Obito away. But nothing ever reached the intangible man.

Obito disappeared, entering inside one of his swirling portals. He soon came out of one, becoming even faster than before. Pain widened his eyes that contained purple and thin black swirls.

He went flying once again, his body unable to react to Obito's unwavering speed. The man with a swirl on his mask was now moving 3.5 times the speed of lightning. Obito made the ground crack under his overpowering pressure.

This is... still not enough! Obito thought wildly, his Sharingan spinning in rapid vigor. His mind was contaminated with drunken speed. Still clad in white armor, Obito kicked off the ground, the soil splitting as he broke through the barriers of the limited world.

Obito started throwing a volley of punches, his hands becoming nothing but speeding blurs that cracked the night sky. His fists were lighting with absolute power and fury as he threw them on his own whims.

Pain exploded away, his body crashing down on the ground, rolling on the soil with swiftness. He reacted with his hand convulsing - not in pain, but with intent to push everything from his path away.

"Shinra Tensei!"

This time Obito did not absorb himself into his Kamui, instead just took the full force of the Shinra Tensei with half-assed effort. Pain knew that he would most likely lose here, but this is not something that he would let himself be deterred by.

"You and your sore eye. I won't lose just because of entangling strings!" His ideas were enforced with iron, no even breaking even when in face with power greater than his own.

Pain, while stupidly, did not try and run away. He bursted forward, his feet kicking off against the ground with aggression. Obito grinned under his mask.

"You're approaching me when you'll only die with wickedness?! How foolish of you Nagato! Have you not yet learn of the indescribable gap between our power?!" Obito jumped in the air, the tendrils of strings trailing from behind him.

The arrays of strings were a beauty, obeying his orders as they continued to wrap around his body like servants. Pain grounded his teeth tightly.