Chapter 73: Warped Ideals

~~~

Naruto let out some condensation from his mouth. He looked to his side. Naruto was sitting in a little cave that he had found in the piles of snow that illuminated his sight.

This should be good enough to keep me warm. Naruto thought, looking at his campfire. The brilliant light reflecting against his azure eyes.

As he sat there, staring at the flames of red and orange, Naruto reminiscenced about the future. Why? Because the future is truly the most important.

"How much longer?" He asked himself. Naruto got up from his seat, deciding to walk into the endless amounts of snow that covered the area.

He looked up into the ocean of stars the lit the world.

"How much longer until everything is over? It may seem arrogant of me to say this, but the ending will be here much quicker than one would imagine." Naruto turned around, looking up above the cave that he was inhabiting.

"Don't you agree, Obito? That I'll be the one that will end everything?" Naruto's hair swayed as he saw Obito materialize up above; on the top of the cave.

"How arrogant of you. Just because you hold power and intelligence does not mean everything will go your way." Obito looked down on him.

"We'll see about that," said Naruto. "Soon enough, this world will be in the palm of my hands, Obito. And you'll live to see it. You'll live not because you have the power to survive." Naruto's eyes were sharp.

"But because I am letting you live."

"Is that a threat that you are making towards me?" He asked, taking a step forward. Naruto also took a step forward.

"No. . . It's the future."

"The Infinite Tsukuyomi is a dream. It's as simple as that - it's only a dream." Naruto outstretched one of his arms to to the side.

"It's a dream that can make anything you want to come true, Naruto. Only a fool wouldn't want such a blessing. In those dreams, someone could image themselves as something greater." Naruto despised such goals.

"I don't care about something as trivial as that. I don't need a fake reality to make things come true." His eyes were blazing and his Sharingan was spinning.

"A world - not a dream - with people that can live in pure harmony. No war or conflict. Doesn't something like that. . . make such a dream just seem trash?" Naruto jumped towards Obito, channeling his chakra towards the soles of his feet.

With his bare-hands, Naruto outstretched his arm out towards Obito.

"You are truly mistak--!" Obito was cut off, widening his eyes as Naruto grabbed Obito by the neck and crashed his head on the stone of the cave.

"W-what?!" Obito struggled to speak, surprised that Naruto managed to somehow bypass his Kamui without an repercussions.

"I told you, Obito." Naruto stared at Obito with killer eyes. As the snow of the Land of Iron rained over them. One could say that it was practically silent.

"That the only reason you continue to exist is because of me." Obito disappeared from Naruto's grasp. He appeared just a few feet in front of Naruto, standing as he caressed his neck.