Chapter 59: Fool

~~~

Naruto walked through the endless amounts of trees that surrounded the area. He inspected his injuries and noticed that his thin combat gloves were soaked in the poisonous substance.

This could prove to be useful for me in the future. Naruto thought, having the intention to preserve the poisonous substance that stained the glove.

As Naruto walked, he heard a loud noise from behind.

"Why did you spare him?" An elderly voiced asked him. Turning around, Naruto caught sight of an old lady that was considerably shorter than himself.

"Who are you?" Asked Naruto, wary of this person as he gazed at the elderly woman.

"Answer my question first - why did you spare him? You could've killed him, but you didn't. Why?" Naruto saw through her - she was very untrustful towards him and it was only going to increase as time went on.

"I have no reason to explain my motives to you. It's clear to me that you have connections with Sasori. A guardian perhaps?" Questioned Naruto, making her immediately tense in the response.

"It doesn't matter if I have a connection to him. What matters if that you are suspicious and your motives are concerning." Naruto narrowed his eyes, seeing as she had no intention of giving up.

He decided to give her the information that she wanted.

"Consider me sparing him the mercy of the strong. I'd be no better than him if I killed him; do you disagree?" Naruto lied. There was no doubt that he could've killed Sasori in that moment.

She was still suspicious of him, but she took it as a proper response.

"Then, I'll have to tell this bit of information to your superiors." Naruto narrowed his eyes once again. If she did that, it would shine unnecessary light on him.

He couldn't have that.

"Now," said Naruto, gaining the attention of the lady. "I can't let you do that."

~~~

Deidara stumbled as he got up from the ground. He was quickly getting cornered by these two Konoha-nins that were extraordinarily powerful.

"Sakura, take the right, I'll take the left." Sakura nodded, seeing the orders that were provided for her. She disappeared, appearing right beside a tree.

Kakashi copied these movements, also appearing to scale beside the trees. Deidara gritted his teeth in anger, seeing as he was struggling with two arms that were ripped apart from his body.

Stumbling backwards, Deidara barely managed to dodge the magnitude of the power of their combined attacks. Not stopping whatsoever, they continued their assault towards Deidara.

They were giving him a hard time. He jumped in the air as he dodged a punch from Sakura, causing the ground to ripple and be destroyed.

A bead of sweat trailing down his head, he attached himself to a tree, attempting to run away from the two dangerous shinobi.

"Fuck off!" howled Deidara, jumping from tree to tree as he dodged a pair of shuriken that came his way. Panting, he jumped back towards the ground, entering a roll before regaining his balance once more.

"Surrender," stated Kakashi, wanting Deidara to yield so they could extract information out of his mouth. But it was not going as they wanted.