Chapter 86: Itachi of The Sharingan

~~~

Itachi looked at his sister with much indifference. He closed his eyes, his head shifting to the ceiling as he spoke his next few words.

"You see... my death?" He asked cryptically. His voice was soothing to the ears, the emotionless tinge in his voice had coldness laced. The silence was sinister.

No one made a move, their bodies unmoving, the natural forces of the world not affecting them. Itachi got up from the throne, now standing on his own two feet.

"Well then" --He disappeared, and reappearing right beside Satsuki, his Akatsuki cloak fluttering from behind-- "let's see how fare." Satsuki didn't feel fear, instead blocked the incoming blow from Itachi flawlessly.

The room trembled in fear as they collided weapons. Itachi lifted his boot, sending a kick towards Satsuki. She leaned back, easily perceiving his kick. Like lightning, she counteracted his kick with a kick of her own.

Fast. Itachi thought, impressed with her reaction speed. Satsuki separated her legs, reeling her right arm, ushering power to her fist, as her veins bulged from the force.

Her clenched fist landing on Itachi's face, he was blown back, falling on the tenacious floor made of pure concrete. Taking her blade, Satsuki jumped, thrusting through Itachi's heart.

Blood stumbled out of his mouth.

Was this the end for him? No, absolutely not.

Itachi looked at Satsui, his index and middle finger reaching up towards her. Just before it could reach her, the two fingers turned towards the throne.

Satsuki's eyes darted towards the throne.

There he was, sitting on the throne once more. His face was lax with not indication of injuries - he was completely unscathed from her punch and the blade thrusted through his body.

"Genjutsu..." Satsuki muttered, her Sharingan flaring. She stood back, standing tall as she stared at her brother. Itachi stared back, his Sharingan turning into a Mangekyou.

She narrowed her eyes.

"There is no need for entree dishes. I've come here to kill you, not for some Genjutsu gestures being thrown." Her tone was forceful, enforcing a tense atmosphere.

"Very well then," he said, disappearing in a flock of ravens. Appearing right in front of her, the silence continued like that of a church.

"But on what basis do you think you can beat? My Mangekyou surpasses your visual prowess." He spoke the truth; his Mangekyou gave him an edge. Satsuki squeezed her blade.

"It doesn't matter. The basis for everything about this moment is your death." Itachi did not react much, his Mangekyou staring down on Satsuki as their conversation filled the room.

"Naruto trained you - that's why you're so confident in yourself." Her eyes widened all of a sudden. How did he know about this? Was there some traitor in her group?

"How did you know?" She asked.

"I didn't. You just confirmed my suspicion - how foolish of you." In a single second the air rushed, in turmoil as Itachi leapt into the air, sending a barrage of shuriken like a speeding blur.