Chapter 109: The First String

~~~

"Where am I?" One spoke, their eyes opening as light peered into their vision. His wrinkled skin appearing as cracks unraveled around him.

"Is this...?" One with white hair questioned, one red mark was on both sides of his cheek, and another red mark on the bottom of his chin.

"Huh? I'm..." Another lost their voice, letting it trail.

"We're... alive," Hashirama said, referring not only to himself, but to the rest of the Kage that stood right beside him.

They looked at their hands, seeing cracks and sign of "decay" on their bodies. Their bodies were full imperfections as their sight strengthened.

"Orochimaru..." Hiruzen said, his eyes narrowing as he stared at the snake himself.

"Ah, if it isn't sensei," remarked Orochimaru, grinning with madness behind his words. They freed the from the depths of the Shinigami's stomach.

"Why... have we been put back together?" Tobirama asked, his eyes full of seriousness and sternness - it was like an order being given to those higher than you.

But their strength, it was much closer than one would think.

Minato kept quiet, surveying and assessing everything around him. He could feel the overflowing chakra that was radiating from one end of the world to the other.

Naruto... He thought, feeling his abundance of chakra. It was impossible to miss it; because it dwarfed all the other chakra signatures.

And it was...

Full of malice.

"Ah, you all must be wondering why we had brought you back to the mortal realm," Orochimaru said, looking back at Yu.

He moved to the side, letting Yu take his place.

"I am Naga, and... no, it's not right to say I need your help; but it's more right to say that the united alliance between the nations need your help." Yu did not disclose his name, opting to go under the alias that he has been using for a long time.

He grinned under his mask.

"Can you feel it? The overwhelming chakra and power that he holds. You may not recognize it, but he is the most powerful person who walks on this very planet."

They had not noticed it - excluding Minato since Naruto was his son - due to them focusing on their return to the mortal realm.

Hiruzen immediately recognized the signature.

"No... way... that is!" Yu nodded, seeing as Hiruzen realized who the person was. Hashirama and Tobirama grew curious, questioning who the person is.

"The chakra and the malice afterthought that he holds - it's him, all right," he confirmed, verifying the thoughts that illuminated Hiruzen's thoughts.

"Who is this person that you all are talking about?" Hashirama asked, wondering who could hold such malicious chakra.

It was full of evil intent.