Chapter 19: Grandson

~~~

Naruto sat the Hokage Residence, right in front of Hiruzen. He had his eyes stuck on Hiruzen like a hawk and observed his every movement with such accuracy.

"You know what you did Naruto?" Asked Hiruzen, walking back and forth in a very tired way. He had a facial expression that had much indifference in it. Naruto shook his head as a response.

"No, Hokage-sama. I do not know what I did," said Naruto, looking right towards Hiruzen with his sharp and dangerous azure eyes. Hiruzen glanced back at Naruto with a sigh.

"You managed to take down a chunin-level traitor that was about to get away with the Forbidden Scroll." Naruto nodded, though a bit confused at what Hiruzen was saying.

"Mizuki wasn't very strong for a chunin," said Naruto, blurting out something that some may interpret as just plain and old classic arrogance being said by Naruto himself.

"Hm, you may say that, but he is still indeed a chunin-rank opponent." Naruto still had a look of confusion plastered on his face.

"But I don't get it, he didn't seem all that strong to me. He is a chunin-level opponent, but he didn't show me any chunin-level capabilities." Hiruzen just chuckled at Naruto's words.

"Or maybe you were too strong and overwhelmed him with your power? Have you ever thought of that?" Hiruzen tried entertaining a new thought inside of Naruto's head.

"That doesn't change the fact that he was way too underwhelming when fighting him."

"Maybe or maybe not. But I do applaud you for your work on defeating Mizuki with. . . relative ease if you could say." Naruto nodded, slightly and lightly bowing towards Hiruzen, The Third Hokage.

"My pleasure, Hokage-sama," said Naruto, slowly turning around to walk to the door that was right behind him. Hiruzen watched as Naruto opened and closed the door as he went out of the room.

Once Naruto had left, Hiruzen gave out a heavy sigh.

God, I'm getting too old for this shit. Hiruzen thought, sitting down on the chair that was so used to sitting right down on. He looked up at the ceiling, contemplating about his current life.

~~~

"Mission accomplished, Danzo-sama." Naruto now kneeled in front of Danzo now that he was at the ROOT Anbu HQ. He was pleased with Naruto's work as a ROOT member.

"Good. I was monitoring it all and saw that you made it seem like a coincidence that you ran into Mizuki." Naruto nodded, confirming what Danzo had seen or heard.

"I congratulate you on this mission, Naruto. I do have high hopes for you as one of the members of the ROOT Anbu." Naruto stayed silent, just listening to the praise that Danzo had given him. His eyes were faced down towards the ground.

"Though I do wonder, why didn't you kill Mizuki? Even though you had a choice, killing Mizuki would result in. . . protecting Konoha." Naruto did not tense or falter in any shape or form.

"The Hokage could have possibly be using his crystal ball to spy on the battle. If I were to take Mizuki's life, it would be raise suspicion and will get me into trouble. I was just trying not to take chances." Danzo hummed, nodding at Naruto's reason on why he didn't kill Mizuki.