Chapter 82: The Combustion Artist!

~~~

"Damn it!" Hissed Naga, punching the ground with his curled fist, anger spilling as he looked up at the wood that he risen from the ground.

How the hell did he elevate it so it could reach the moon?! Not only does my speed lack, but the wood only goes about - at most - a mile or two. Even that takes a lot out of me. He mused, gasping heavily and violently.

Naga, although tiredly, slowly got up, sweat seeping through his mask as he looked at the wood that stood proudly. His progress was almost abysmal during the past few hours.

His wielding was exceptional - but how exceptional was his exceptional? Naruto had spoke of his abilities and how it was very good for someone that was merely a subject to experiments.

But was that all? Was him being an experiment the only thing that limited him from reaching the capabilities of Hashirama? Or was it just his latent abilities that lacked?

I can't accept this! I can't just accept how it is! Naga thought angrily, forming a seal that made wood rise out from the ground. His veins bulging from the arms and hands, his limits weren't something he could let off so easily.

The wood kept on growing, and growing, and growing. A grin appeared behind his mask, finally thinking that the wood was finally going to grow astronomically.

But he was simply wrong.

His grin that was there before quickly disappeared as he saw the wood stop growing abruptly, the very top of the wood stopping a few meters above his highest point.

Naga dropped to the ground once more, his hands clenched tightly as tiredness washed over his body. His power was lacking and his progress was lacking.

Will these 12 months be even enough? He asked himself, breathing heavily, his arms and muscles were sore once he got up again. The war will be catastrophic and many lives will be lost. It was described as a war that would destroy even the world that they stood on.

The ants - or the people - would fall, and Naga didn't want to be one of those tiny ants that would break and die so easily. He wanted to fight Naruto, not as someone so unbelievably weaker than him, but as an equal that can stand toe-to-toe.

But that reality seems to only proving to be a fantasy as time was moved forward. Him - and many others - were so far behind someone like Naruto.

His power and intelligence was unrivaled.

As people gain a slither of hope of reaching Naruto's abilities, it's shattered, their hopes becoming no more than a dream once Naruto reaches a whole new level of power.

The people that were once stronger than Naruto stood no chance anymore. He was now man who achieved immeasurable amount of power that those once stronger than him could only hope for.

The man who was unsurpassable.

"Damn it!!!!!"

~~~

Naruto stood on a field with many clones surrounding. He had stopped working on the Aphrodite essence extractor and started working on getting training.