Chapter 119: One's Own Kin

~~~

Naruto looked at Konan, his eyes piercing at the lady that was basked in light, a soft smile on her face as she laid on the ground lifelessly.

He stared at her, motionlessly and full of stoicism. He did not react, only observing the peaceful look on her face before turning around.

"Thank you all... for putting her out of her misery." His voice lacked empathy towards the person who had served him for a short while. Hashirama narrowed his eyes.

"Do you not care? That we had to kill someone just for you to come here?" He asked, his wood slowly rising from the ground. Naruto shook his head.

"Did you all see it? The lack of will she had? The lack of will to continue on living in this hellish world? That's why I let you kill her, because it was best for her." Naruto did not hesitate, his body tensing.

They'll give me some trouble. Naruto thought. The way he was right now, he'd have to bear a hit or two that were full of power.

Not only that, but they had...

Father. Naruto mused, his eyes sweeping across the 4 former Hokage that had once governed the village of Konoha for a certain amount of time. 

"You're quite a monster," Tobirama stated as a matter-of-fact. Naruto nodded, wholeheartedly agreeing with his words as he stood still.

"So it seems. But nevertheless, I'll keep walking forward; because forward is all there is left in this path that I've taken upon myself." He clenched his hands, his fingers curling as he readied himself for battle.

"It's a shame, Naruto. If only you didn't fall this low - maybe you would've been able to change everything." Naruto smirked that Hiruzen's words, walking towards them.

They did the same.

"Would've? No, you're completely wrong. I've already changed everything. From total destruction, to building anew." The televisions that he had been disconnected from for quite some time had begun to operate once more.

As of this moment, the fight between the past 4 Hokage and Naruto was about to be seen by the entirety of the fearful civilians.

"Do remember: that genius only lives one story above madness." Naruto jumped forward, his eyes spinning with excitement. Hashirama shot out his tendrils of wood, coalescing as the a sharp-like blade appeared, morphing through the use of the wood that wailed with madness.

Naruto unsealed his Aphrodite blade, cutting through them with ease. Hiruzen came from above, his arms and hands holding his Adamantine Staff as he hurled it down, crashing it on the very surface of the ground that he stood on top of.

Water begun to sprout from underneath the crackling ground, making Naruto widen his eyes in utter surprise.

Their teamwork is far more impressive than the other Kage. Naruto thought, noticing the combination attacks that they were doing in rapid succession. He moved backward, his eyes swirling as he looked into the future.

Gnashing his teeth down, Naruto summoned a clone that protected him from Minato's Hiraishin formula. 

As Naruto backed away he saw the look of sadness that inhabited Minato's eyes.