Chapter 118: Only the Bliss of Nothingness

~~~

Konan widened her eyes as a Rasengan was shoved into her face. The beating of her heart quickened as she barely managed to avoid it by turning herself into flitting paper.

Elegantly, her body turned completely into paper, allowing her to gain the distance that she needed to assess the situation and to focus on everything that was happening.

He's holding back. Konan thought, her mind racing as she had narrowly saw Minato stop for a few milliseconds. He had spared her due to unknown means.

"Naruto..." She muttered, her voice trailing off into her transmuter. A hum appeared from the other side, responding to her mutter.

"Yes, I know. I'll be there soon enough. I'm being held up right now - hold off until I take care of this matter; it'll only be a couple of minutes."

Konan nodded to those words.

Only a few more minutes. I'll make those last few minutes worthwhile. She gnashed her teeth down, a bitter feeling washing over. Her heart ached at the thought of having to fight people as strong as these 4.

Nevertheless she'll fight, because that's what she believed was right. Whether Naruto or not comes and saves her from this hellish pit of doom was merely an illusionary idea.

What she does know, is that she must fight. If she dies here and now, it'll be done by upholding all her beliefs with this one abstraction.

An idea, an abstraction, a bountiful illusion. As humans, we confined by the concepts of living, every movement and action culminating into one singular word.

Life.

Now, in this very moment, Konan shall test everything. Her way of existence - her very way of living the confinements of life.

Wings manifested, fluttering as it flapped, creating gusts of wind that flailed dust with overbearing intensity.

This is impossible to win. Konan thought, keeping her distance in the air. Stretching her hand outwards, numerous pieces of paper appeared from arm.

They flapped and flew under her guidance, shooting down as she applied chakra into them to harden them as though they were a very solidified object.

Her paper was a sharp as a tungsten needle, with a force that could create a massive crater. Cutting through a tree, Konan used another paper to hurl it upwards.

"This needless fighting needs to be stopped - you're outnumbered," Tobirama said. His voice was stern as a needles of water appeared out of thin air.

Even as a Hokage, Tobirama's presence was weakest; his achievements were completely overshadowed by all the other past and future Hokage's.

But his abilities were no fluke. With an affinity to water even greater than the late Terumi Mei, he was able to conjure water jutsus without a source of water.

And was the originator of the infamous time-space jutsu: Hiraishin.

But the Fourth had improved on such a technique with his vast and unparalleled affinity to Fuinjutsu. Without much effort, Tobirama did a singular hand seal.