Chapter 111: Buddha's Gift

~~~

"You can't beat her - run!" Gyuki ordered, sacrificing the idea of saving pride and decided that running away was most definitely the best option out of the two that could be weighed.

"Run? I can't do that." His stubbornness showed, refusing to retreat and run away. There was a side of him that refused to let go of that pride.

"You have to! Running away will ensure safety! Even I - a Bijji - know when to preserve my own life! What about Ay?!" If a Bijuu died they would eventually come back to life.

'Cause the chakra would form back, recreating the Bijuu that the mighty Sage of Six Paths had created by splitting up the 10 tails.

"No... I can't do that. Not because it's cowardly of me to do so, but because I must fight." He rose, his body aching as he trickled with an abundance of water.

"There are many more opportunities to fight once you make it out here alive by running away. You don't always have to fight."

Killer Bee chuckled.

"I don't think you get what I'm saying. What we are currently in is a war that will shape our planet. Running away is most certainly efficient." His eyes steeled with resolve.

"But it won't fix the regret that I will feel later on." This was a war that will take countless of lives away from their loved ones. And Satsuki will be one of the people who will result in creating that cataclysmic havoc that will shift the balance of the world once more.

"Because I know... that if I don't fight this scary girl right now... more people will die because I ran away." It didn't matter if he died fighting her. As long as he was able to damage her even the slightest amount, maybe, just maybe, a few lives will be saved, forever preserved.

And, just like Madara had said, the gears of potential begun to spin once more. Those who were worthy will see themselves in a new light.

The gift of awakening latent potential was not an automatic mechanism that would awaken for those who hold the power to wield their latent ability.

No.

It's only for those worthy of seeing the light. Buddha saw things that Madara would never. And, as Buddha said this favor, he did not do it without holding back a bit of information.

"I was once a human who had attained enlightenment. And as such, I know what pushes the buttons of humanity and what drives them forward the best."

Because he was once just like them.

"If they find it, then they'll achieve a new level of power that they did not see before."

There was no hidden motive behind this favor, only perceiving that this was the best for humanity. With no bad intentions, Buddha was truly:

The Most Human God.

That's right, what humanity needed to reach the new heights of power, they did not need to go after the thought of finding themselves.