Chapter 92: From Now and in the Future

~~~

Naruto lifted his eyelids, his eyes peering as the rays of light hit his face like a dozen cameras hitting his face as he groaned from the morning feeling.

Naruto felt Satsuki's body on top of his, their bodies entangled under the comfy blankets that covered their bodies in one large swoop.

Her soft breaths making his body warmer like the sun.

Naruto tried get up to start up his day, but Satsuki's pinned him down, her grip tightening as her eyes were shut closed in a tight manner.

"Don't... leave... me..." She murmured, her cheeks rubbing against his chest. Naruto grunted, a small smile entered her face, his body lowering down, and his back hitting down on the covers that they had dirtied.

Naruto reciprocated her tight hold with a tight hold of his own. He could feel Satsuki slightly smile in her sleep.

Naruto looked at the ceiling, everything that had happened last night now crashed into his mind like a meteor crashing down on Earth. He had been engulfed by the bliss to the point where he was no longer sane.

He had experienced something that was going to be memorable to him for the rest of his life. This was something that he knew would be something that they wouldn't do a lot due to their overwhelming amount of priorities that will soon happen.

"You know, Satsuki," said Naruto, sliding Satsuki's slim body a bit upwards so her head would be on resting right beside his neck. "I don't usually say this to people - I'm a very conversing person." He knew Satsuki was listening to his words.

"But thank you, Uchiha Satsuki - for showing what it means to feel - how to truly be alive." Naruto could feel Satsuki's smile against his scarred skin. His face held a stoic gaze that was pointing towards the ceiling.

"I've never told you this, but my grandfather had taken me to a place riddled with dead bodies. I could sense their scent - it reeked in unsatisfied hatred." He was unmoving, like a dead body that had once lived.

(A/N: Think back to chapter 3 - the beginning of it.)

"It took me awhile, but I realized that the reason for those dead bodies being there was because of my grandfather - he killed them to further my understanding about human emotions." Unknowingly, Naruto tightened his grip on Satsuki's body.

"I thank you, Satsuki. While I am merely a shell of a man, you have my gratitude for showing me what it feels like to be human." Naruto closed his eyes, feeling Satsuki's mouth turn into a slight pout.

~~~

A few days had went by quickly, and Hinata had been found by a lady that operated an orphanage in an unnamed village.

"Thank you for everything." Hinata bowed, her left eye slightly stinging. She frowned, displeased with losing an eye. Sitting down, Hinata felt the heat from the tea in front of her.

"It's fine, Hinata-san. You've been a great help here." The lady smiled, her eyes twinkling with a pleasant look on her face. Hinata plastered a smile that did not reach her right eye.

"I insist. You found me while I was bleeding to death." The lady kept on smiling, not showing a hint of sadness from her face. Hinata, with her one eyes, saw that there was no regret on her face.