Chapter 100: The Beginning of the End

"As far as looks go, you could become a supermodel if you tried." He looked at the woman in front of him.

They were about the same age, but one had a much higher reputation and was also brilliant in both talent and many other things.

"You're not so bad yourself, Asami-san." She grinned at the mention of her name.

"Does that mean I scored myself a date? It'd make a public outrage if the two of us were to date. Not that I don't mind." He eyed her, an eyebrow raising.

Asami licked her lips, her arms wrapping around his neck.

"Sorry, but there's already 100 others trying to fight for my attention." He shook away from her grasp, turning around, his mantle fluttering from behind.

"I guess I'll just have to be the 101st trying to gain the unrecruited love of such a charming guy my age." She purred, making his eyes twitch.

"You seem persistent."

"Of course, I saw one look at you and I could tell something was different about you." He raised eyebrow at such words.

"What can you tell?" He asked, his interest piqued. She grinned.

"I can tell that through your visage of coldness and intelligence, a broken boy flourishes deep within..." Her voice trailed away, teasing the boy that walked right next to her.

"Within what?"

"A garden of loneliness."

~~~

Present...

It was currently sundown and people were slowly receding into their homes.

Naruto could see everything from within the Aphrodite cube. And he must say, the view from where he was located was rather breathtaking.

He could tell where he was from just the view that he could see. The range of his vision was everlasting - something that Naruto did not expect.

To think they'd hide me inside the eye of one of the stone Hokage. Naruto thought to himself, seeing everyone in Konoha through the very good view that they had given him.

Well, it wasn't exactly the most perfect view.

They had hid him just a bit behind the outer layer of the eye. This meant that his vision, while a bit distorted, was still pretty clear due to him just being a bit behind.

He didn't know if this was a mistake on their part, but this gave Naruto a way to plot more freely. But he had to be wary of their intentions.

"Say, Kurama - do you think the cube is strengthening them? If my suspicions are right, then each time I release chakra, I would essentially be leaking it to the outside world while trying to make the seal more loose." He continued sitting in his lotus position.

The last time he had released his chakra, it was only a light amount, so everyone in the outside world shouldn't have been able to sense it vividly.

And so, Naruto de decided to only release chakra by small increments so he could stay low. But things like those are no longer needed.

If they were able to sense it, then they could only speculate.

"You seem to already know the answer - it doesn't matter if I say anything or not," Kurama replied to Naruto's words, dismissing them and went back to take a nap.