Chapter 50: Clouds of Red

~~~

Naruto looked at his luggage. The blade that he had bought from the shop had been sealed into a scroll due to the fact that carrying it would hinder his movement.

He sat in a criss-cross as he examined his necessities that he was going to bring on the trip to find Tsunade.

Thoughts crossed Naruto's mind, thinking of what item he should put in which area of his backpack. The reason he was doing this is because he needed to be efficient in his movement.

And if makes one mistake, he could risk his life.

"The blade is a problem," Naruto told himself, glancing at the scroll that was laying right beside him. A scroll was useful to store weapons, but there is also a very fatal flaw about them.

"It takes too long for a person to unseal the object from the scroll. There are also too many steps to do so — it's simply too risky." Naruto was at a loss. The scrolls were, without a doubt, a very convenient tool for him.

But at the same time, it carried a risk that was conflicting with the convenience.

"Why not just make a damn seal on your dominant arm. Tch. You're overthinking this — it's clouding your actual way of thinking." Naruto took note of Kurama's comment.

Naruto thought of that possibility. Though there was a hint of doubt embedded in Naruto's mind.

"Am I even good enough in fuinjutsu to even do that?" If Naruto was being honest, he was a complete beginner at the concept of fuinjutsu. He had just been relying on scrolls that were on pre-made by actual fuinjutsu users.

But that doesn't mean he knows nothing about fuinjutsu. And to be honest, Naruto was not much of a creative thinker.

"Agreed. You lack a creative mentality." Naruto sighed, knowing he'd at least attempt to do this even if it could go horribly wrong. It was a risk Naruto was willing to take.

"Let's get this over with."

~~~

Two individuals stood right next to each other as they looked down on the village named Konoha. Both were cladded in black cloaks with patches of red cloud all over the cloaks. Straw hats covered their faces with a red thread with a small bell attached on to it.

"Not too long ago, this village stood at its glory," said a person with a monotone tone. The person right next to him nodded in full agreement.

"It barely survived the invasion." The person who had said this was just a few inches taller than the previous person. That being said, the previous person lifted his straw hat just a tiny bit.

A 3-tomoe Sharingan sprang to life.

"We must not lose sight of our objective — to retrieve the suspect." The two disappeared in the midst of the day.

~~~

Naruto examined the seal he had created on his arm. It took him awhile to create, but he got it done. The success rate of this actually working is rather low due to Naruto's inexperience in fuinjutsu.

Testing this out, Naruto clasped the blade and tried sealing the weapon into the seal. To his surprise, it managed to work out like intended. But immediately after, Naruto tried sealing in another item.

"Hm? It's not working." Naruto knew there was something wrong with the seal. Trying to figure out the issue, Naruto unsealed the blade and then resealed the blade once more.