Chapter 74: Swordsman

~~~

As Naruto entered the cave, he saw the endless glowing materials that were attached on the stone exterior that encased the entire place. Naruto kept a calm look as he walked through the crystalized cavern.

"I'll need to be quick and find it more efficiently," Naruto told himself, picking up speed and tried looking for an entrance to dive deeper into this cave.

"Just destroy everything to look for it faster," Kurama advised Naruto, seeing as Naruto was in a very impatient mood. Naruto simply viewed this as 'chore' of some sorts.

Naruto sought to benefit himself through pulling the strings.

"I'll wait until later. It's better if I start destroying my path once I'm at a dead-end." Naruto saw a way deeper in the cave. Curving down, Naruto felt the space feeling a bit hotter.

Just a tiny bit more. Naruto thought, walking down the protruding stones as his cloak fluttered from behind him.

~~~

"We're here," said Satsuki, looking from afar. Suigetsu was just right next to her and saw the fantastic sight in front of them. They saw numerous rocky structures in their distance.

"So this is the Northern Base, huh," muttered Suigetsu, feeling the fresh breeze brushing against his skin. They got closer with each motion that was made. Crossing a bridge, Satsuki and Suigetsu saw a tunnel that led inside one of the many hideouts of the former Sanin.

"Who is this person that you're looking for?" Suigetsu asked Satsuki with much curiosity laced into his voice. Satsuki stayed silent as she led the way through the insides of the northern base.

As they walked they felt a slight amount of tremors that caused them to raise their guard up. Narrowing her eyes, Satsuki held the blade positioned on her waist tightly. Soon enough they saw a shadowy figure quickly emerging in front of them.

Spiky-orange hair escaped from the shadows, showing a person rampaging.

He's out? Why was he let out right now? She thought while looking at the beast in front of her. Satsuki knew who this person was that is releasing a tremendous amounts of killing intent towards the surrounding vicinity.

The person rampaging was named Jugo, and he was the next person on the list to recruit to her team. A person in an unnamed clan that let them wield nature energy. Orochimaru kept this man close so he could inspect him and research on his ways of manipulating nature energy.

"Jugo of the Northern Hideout," Satsuki got into a stance, "I need you to calm down." Her eyes turned a crimson-red. She pulled out the metal blade that was strapped on her waist.

Satsuki caught his eyes - it was full of uncontained rage - as he created destruction through his rampage. An axe formed on Jugo's hand.

A nice grip in manipulation. Satsuki thought, taking off to fight against Jugo. Getting close, Satsuki ducked down slightly, dodging a blow from Jugo.

Placing her hand on the coarse tiles, she spun her body and repelled herself off to make Jugo lose his sense of balance. With her hand still tight around her blade, Satsuki leaped forward.

"I said," Satsuki read the movements of Jugo observantly. "Calm down!" She yelled as blocked the axe that was on Jugo's hand. Lifting her leg up, Satsuki kicked his knees and used that opening of weakness to her advantage.