Short Story: Road of Life

~~~

Naruto sighed, standing at the edge of the cliff that he had frequented due to Madara's training. It had been some time since then and he simply stared off into the horizon.

What a beautiful sight.

For a moment he appreciated the scenery as he sat down on the rough edges of the cliff that hung between life and death. The fresh breeze brushed against his skin.

He should be dying soon. Madara was at the end of his life, his heart taking the last few steps before doing what ultimately dying.

He was waiting for such a moment.

He wished to see the face of a man that was nearing his death; and the man himself was but a monster that could no longer be called human.

And once he did die, Naruto could - hopefully - start anew. It was a simple wish, but this place was merely a trivial containment hindering him and his goal.

One can hope for such a thing. Naruto mused, his eyes looking up into the sky as he closed his eyes for a moment or two.

He felt the life of the world course through him.

~~~

He wiped the sweat that hovered around his pale skin, feeling the moisture of the sweat engrave itself into the skin of his hand.

His body turned into a chilly freezer as the breeze touched where the sweat had been originally. Naruto had a shovel as he placed the dirt on top of the dead bodies of Yukari and Madara.

It had been a long time; but the moment he had waited for had finally came to him on a silver platter. Madara had died without trouble and he was able to kill Yukari without much trouble.

Her Fuinjutsu was out of this world, but her combat abilities severely lacked behind it. Naruto stayed quiet as each plump of dirt crashed into the dead bodies.

It soon took a full 30 minutes before everything was complete and Naruto was now completely free from their shackles.

He walked away.

He stopped for a moment, turning back to see one last look at what he did and nodded to himself as his hair swayed across the skies.

"Goodbye."

Naruto turned back around as he marched towards tomorrow.

~~~

Rain shunned the world as the droplets of water trickled down as though the world was a pachinko machine. The water droplets landed on various things.

The dirt that covered Yukari and Madara became dampened, the mild brown color darkening into a darker shade of brown. Soon, water begun to pile over the make-believe graveyard.

The dirt that held the water cracked under its pressure and became a malleable mud that had an odd texture. Time went by and the mud soon gained a puddle of water.

RUSTLE!

A sudden turn of movement begun to make the mud shiver. And it didn't take long for the mud to erode apart, becoming a shirt that had been ripped apart by its owner.