Christmas Special: An Untold Story

~~~

Naruto sat at the back of the classroom, lazily looking at what Iruka was teaching them. He observed the class that held many problem. Two months ago Naruto had turned 10 years old and was slowly getting stronger by the day.

It took awhile, but something managed to pique his interest because of something that Iruka started talking about.

"I think it's time for us to move on to our next topic. And I think this will be quite interesting to everyone." Everyone was interested and wanted to know what Iruka had planned.

"In the next few days, there will be a festival from Christmas. We would usually let you guys get something for each other presents, but it seems this year will be a little different. Due to the festival, everyone will be busy so I'd just advise you all to enjoy yourselves for this Christmas." This brought a grin on most of the class.

Some people were excited to give people presents, but were shot down by Iruka's words.

"Although you can give others presents if you would like. It's only an option for you all. But please do enjoy this weekend at the Christmas Festival if you can." Iruka smiled, radiating warmth to all. And after some time, class was over and were now out of class.

As Naruto walked out of class, Satsuki caught up with him. It happened a few months before Naruto became 10 and a few months after Satsuki became 10 - it was quite memorable.

She managed to convince Naruto to let her train with him through bitter force. All the while he tried eating a ramen cup for God's sake! As they walked, Satsuki coughed to gain Naruto's attention.

"You know, it'd be very wonderful if someone were to teach me a jutsu," Satsuki said in a rather kind manner. Naruto was amused by what she was saying out loud.

"You make it painfully obvious that you want me to teach you a jutsu." Satsuki looked at Naruto, nodding her head eagerly, feigning this side of her to get Naruto to accept this deal with her.

Was it even a deal?

"Yeah. . . no." Satsuki's face twitched slightly at Naruto's response. That's what she did not want to hear at all. She wanted to gain strength and Naruto seemed to hold a sanctuary of knowledge and power that he has yet to tap into.

"Just ask your number 1 fan: Yu - to teach you." Satsuki sighed at Naruto's words.

"Yu? He's mostly Taijutsu-based with barely any skills in Ninjutsu or any other area. He likes me, but it's always like he's purposely exaggerating his personality. I don't think people can be that head-over-heels over someone that they like. Maybe they can, but I think it's not possible at all." Naruto took note at what she had said.

"Like he's purposely exaggerating his personality."

That was a very good way to describe Yu - an exaggeration that seems only superficial. This is only Naruto's point of view though; and Satsuki seemed to agree with this. Well, enough this.

"Will you be going to the festival this weekend?" Asked Satsuki, looking at Naruto through her peripheral vision. Surprising her, she saw Naruto nod his head to signify that he will be going to the festival.

"Yes. There will alway be possibilities of sellers giving out discounts for their equipment and I won't let an opportunity like this get swayed away. The same thing goes for Ichiraku Ramen." Satsuki deadpanned at his response.