Chapter 70: Where They Belong

~~~

"This will be our positions for the event tomorrow," Kurenai said. It seemed as though she was very serious with their current mission.

Most of the team was positioned at the top of the palace. Their purpose was to observe and to let nothing get passed them during their patrol.

"Guy's team and Kakashi will be positioned inside the palace just incase the intruders were already here." Maybe they were too calm with this mission. Maybe they're not.

"Shall we retreat from our spots if the Akatsuki are inside?" Kurenai let out a sigh, rubbing her temples with her eyes closed. The dark circles around her became more apparent.

"Ughh. . . you first have to come to a conclusion that there are no more infiltrators. If it's clear, then yes, you can retreat from your spots. Or you can send some people inside while others fend off any other people." This was truly only something that can be done due to the magnitude of people on this mission.

Something like using a Shadow Clone wasn't an option.

"Thank you for your insight." Kurenai nodded her head.

~~~

"Do you think everything will be fine?" Asked Tenten, standing behind a pillar as all of the people in the palace observed the spacious room that will be soon be used a ball room.

"That is something we don't know yet,"answered Kakashi. It was difficult for them to operate when a squad had lost a sensei.

Maybe it was trivial, but all they could think of was the room being dyed in pure crimson blood. It was something that was being engraved in their minds.

Mind shattered, they had no choice but to continue forward.

"Hopefully we'll be able to complete this mission without any worry. A lot of others have a lot on their minds right now." Everyone nodded at Sakura's words.

A lot of things have been happening all at once recently. It was burdening them with emotional baggage being formed. It was hinderance to them, but it was something they could not let go so easily.

"I hope so too," everyone said in complete unison.

~~~

Naruto stood at the top of a cliff, just outside of the range that Hinata's Byakugan pinpoint with her visual prowess.

10 Kilometers. How extravagant. To think her sight exceeds even Neji's 800 meter distance. I'm just barely outside of her range. Naruto was taking in the account that everyone in the Konoha 10 was there.

He cannot make a single mistake before the end of his current plans. As his ghost of a face looked from afar, he held a bag by his side.

If I want to attend the party, I must look the part. They must be suspicious, but the moment they find out, it'll be too late for them. Walking back, a tuxedo could be seen in the bag that he was carrying.

No matter what, they'll be seeing the aftermath of my mayhem. Naruto mused, preparing for tomorrow that will without a doubt be quite the show.