Chapter 28: Thinking and Knowing

~~~

Naruto stood right next to Satsuki. She had been training for literal hours. And it was just about time for them to get back to the household.

He looked at his side and looked at Satsuki.

"You ready?" Asked Naruto, walking forward and gesturing right towards the direction of the house that they were allowed to stay at for the remainder of the mission.

Satsuki scoffed but nodded her head.

"Yeah, I'm ready. Why else am I standing right up?" Naruto stared at her for a few second before shrugging his shoulders once and turned away from her.

"I don't know, maybe to just simply stand up?"

"Yeah? You're the dumbass." Satsuki followed right behind Naruto, looking right at his back. God, this reminded her of the time where Naruto first decided to help her out on her kunai and shuriken throwing.

She was grateful for Naruto then and is still grateful for Naruto's help even now. The two past through the empty woods that they were training in for the past few hours.

Well, Naruto was not training at all — it was just all Satsuki.

After a minute of two of complete silence and walking, they had finally came out of the entire forest that was engulfing them before. They saw the bright light that the house emitted.

Their feet touched the wooden dock.

The two walked through the dock that had water surrounding right around it. They saw the door that was supposed to be the entrance of the house open for them.

The two entered without much question.

"Oh, it seems the two of you have finally made it," said Tazuna, walking down the stairs that led up to the upstairs floor. Lots of food was covering the table.

"Special occasion?" Asked Naruto, smelling the food ll the way from the door. Tsunami shook her head, chuckling at the question that was being asked by Naruto.

"No, we have never had this many people over here before. So I thought of making extra food just incase." Naruto and Satsuki nodded and made their way towards the table with their dirty and ragged clothes.

Shit, they needed to clean up.

But they couldn't. Their stomachs didn't let them do it. They wanted the food that was being served at the table immediately. They settled right down just as Kakashi and Sakura came walking down the stairs.

"Ah, so you two are finally here. Good." Kakashi and Sakura sat down at the table.

The kid, Inari sat down at the table also. There was a moment of difficult silence between them all. Kakashi broke this with a eye-smile and a quick question.

"So, Satsuki. How much are you improving with the Tree Climbing exercise?" Asked Kakashi, getting a scoff from Satsuki. She sutffed her mouth with food.

She swallowed the food that was in her mouth.

"Good. Naruto gave me a few tips that are helping me along the way." Kakashi looked at Naruto and eye-smiled at him. Looks like Naruto was able to tame Satsuki to the point where they are friends. Cool.