Chapter 49: Preparations

~~~

Naruto sighed as he finished talking to his dead parents. This was most certainly quite an eventful few days. But as of right now, he should stay wary more in the upcoming future.

Since the current state of the village is in disarray, there will be chances or people to invade and attack Konoha when they were at its weakest point in utter ages.

Or even ever.

And with that, Naruto turned around from the graves of his parents and jumped towards the endless and the abundance of trees that surround him.

But truly, if things were different from the beginning, maybe Naruto wouldn't have became this way. Maybe he wouldn't have become such an empty shell of a person.

Lifeless and devoid.

~~~

Naruto slurped up his ramen that he had made with the trusty microwave in his apartments. As he used his chopsticks to feed himself, he thought about something.

My eyes. . . I've been overusing them greatly ever since I got them during the battle of bridge. Naruto mused to himself, recalling to the time when he fought against Haku. Placing the empty cup of ramen right next to him, he sighed deeply.

I'm still lacking the power. Even when I improve continuously, I still somehow come to the conclusion of using the Mangekyou. Naruto's eyes roamed his apartment, gazing at many things that he had within it.

Naruto knew it.

"I've become reliant on the Mangekyou Sharingan in too many situations," Naruto told himself, disappointed in himself with this development. When in a troubling situation, he always resorted to using the Mangekyou even when the cost of using it was right in front him.

Getting off the counter, Naruto walked over to his bed that was positioned right next his window. Sitting on the soft bed, began to think once more.

If I become too reliant on the Mangekyou Sharingan, I'll without a doubt hurt my growth due to the blindness. Naruto continued to think about more possibilities for the future of his life.

Looking toward the window, he could see his own reflection with his azure eyes. Those azure eyes then morphed into his 3-tomoe Sharingan.

Then the Mangekyou.

"Maybe this is what I get for using Shin sekai." Naruto got up from his bed and got ready to go back to the hospital to act like nothing ever happened.

~~~

"What do you think?" Naruto looked at the stem of those voices. His eyes locked on a black long-sleeves button-up shirt, with shorts that would reveal his frail-looking legs.

"They don't match at all," said Naruto. It was a fact, even though they matched in color, the shorts with a button-up shirt did not at even the slightest.

Jiraiya sighed as he looked at the teenage boy.

"You'll be fine. People won't even be paying attention to you and your frail legs," He told the boy. They were getting for the funeral that was about to take place in about. Naruto got up from the hospital bed and snatched the clothes off of Jiraiya's hand.