• Christmas •

Please vote, comment and follow! Happy Holidays! 🤍🎄

I'm bringing the virus back for this episode and this episode only!

⚠️ TW⚠️
(Bulimia)

***
Holly's POV
8 am
***

I take a deep breath before jumping up onto JJ's bed.

"It's Christmas!"

My voice echoes around JJ's bedroom, bouncing off the walls and into his ears.

"Aw fam, let me sleeeeeeep!"

JJ rolls over onto his side and snuggles back down into his pillow. I roll my eyes and jump again, yelping when JJ grabs my ankle, making me fall.

"Go back to bed, demon child," JJ mumbles sleepily. "Or else I'll cancel Christmas"

"Grinch!" I pout, folding my arms and looking at his face.

JJ cracks one eye open and chuckles deeply when he sees my face.

"Go to bed"

"No"

"Go to bed"

"No"

I look at JJ and shake my head no when he tells me to go to bed yet again.

"Fine, then come here," he sighs, wrapping an arm around me and pulling me close.

I sigh, but stay in JJ's hold. He nods off again and I rest my chin on his wrist, staring at his white wall.

"You're boring," I say.

No reply.

I sigh and stay in JJ's arms for a few minutes longer.

***

I slide out of JJ's arms and patter across his room to the door. He mumbled something about getting up in five minutes so I decide to go out to the living room and wait.

"Merry Christmas!" Talia smiles, giving me a big hug as I enter the kitchen.

"Merry Christmas, T!" I reply, smiling in her embrace.

When Talia releases me from her hold, my eyes latch onto the amount of ingredients placed on the kitchen counters.

"What are we making today?" I ask, grabbing an apron from the cupboard under the cutting board.

"Let's see," Talia says, pulling up the notes app on her phone. "Roast chicken, cauliflower cheese, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, carrots and parsnips, pigs in blankets and peppermint brownies"

"Holy cow," I sigh. "That's a lot"

"We'll be fine," Talia laughs, ruffling my hair.

***

It's ten minutes later when Simon and JJ finally get up and join us in the living room area.
Since COVID-19 hit, the restrictions have been getting stricter and stricter. This year, we're meant to stay home for Christmas, away from our families.

JJ and I were going to go to his parents house but since we're not allowed, it sucks. I know JJ misses his family dreadfully. He's missed two Christmases now with his family.
I was also excited to go see my grandparents again and Deji and Dounja.

Talia and I had a good cry a few days ago when the news came out. Simon had a fun time trying to get her to stop which seemed impossible.

***

JJ, Talia, Simon and I sit by the tree and go through our stockings. We also open presents and laugh when weird ones come up every now and again.

Opening presents is fun. Seeing everyone's faces as they open what I got them fills my heart with so much warmth and joy.
I definitely like giving more than receiving.