· Studio Session ·

This chapter was requested so enjoy! xx

***

Holly's POV

***

"Turn to page six and read until chapter three," Mrs Bades says, flicking her specs up her snooty nose. "If you are done before the half-hour mark you may answer questions one to four on the following pages"

Sophie and Charlotte roll their eyes at me, Charlotte mimicking breaking her neck. No one likes English with Mrs Bades.

"This woman is insufferable," Sophie whispers, flipping a page in her book. "I hate Shakespeare too. There's no point"

I smile to myself. Sophie is friends with all the teachers except Mrs Bades. No one likes her.

"He wasn't even hot," Charlotte grumbles. "Maybe I'd be interested if he was good looking"

I chuckle and am soon silenced by Mrs Bades as she glares at me. I look down at my book.

"Psst," Charlotte whispers, throwing a piece of paper at me. "Pass that to Sophs, will ya?"

I smirk and unfold the piece of paper.

Mrs Bades got mad bunda. I bet that's the only thing keeping her husband going

I let out a laugh and pass the note onto Sophie. I make the mistake of not looking behind us and sigh when Mrs Bades snatches up the slip of paper.

"You girls should be reading," she says, opening the piece of paper.

Charlotte bursts into laughter and gets me and Sophie going. Mrs Bades doesn't seem to appreciate it and sends us to the office.

***

I play with my fingers as the headmistress unfolds the piece of paper in front of JJ and I. I swallow hard and try not to laugh as she reads it out in a confused posh accent.

"Mrs Bades got mad..." The headmistress looks confused as she says the last word. "Bunda? What is that, Holly? Slang?"

I clear my throat and try not to smile as I explain.

"Bunda is slang for bum, miss"

JJ makes a noise and when I look at him, I see his fingers covering his mouth. He's also trying not to laugh.

"Mr Olatunji, this behaviour is unacceptable. Holly and her two friends will serve detention on Friday. You may take her home today though just so there aren't any further complications"

"This will not go on," JJ says, putting on a serious face. "She will be punished accordingly"

***

JJ and I burst into laughter as we exit the school gates. We've been holding it in since we left the office.

"Wait, wait, wait, you actually said she had bunda?"

"Yeah," I nod, giggling as we approach the car.

"That's so funny," JJ laughs, coughing as he shakes his head. "Cmon. Let's go"

We get into the car and he starts driving. When we stop at a red light, I look up from my phone and sigh.

"Sorry for geting kicked out today"

"That's okay," JJ smiles, turning down a road. "It was just a small slipup. Every kid gets caught passing notes at sme point. Besides, I've done worse at school"

I raise an eyebrow and he shakes his head, smiling.

"Care to elaborate?" I chuckle, looking out the window.

"I threw a chair through my math class window. I also pulled the fire alarm once and another time, broke a toilet in the washroom during PE"

"Damn," I laugh.

"Yep," JJ grins. "I was a bit troubled"

JJ continues driving through town and then suddenly stops. I look to where he's looking.

"You hungry?" he asks.

I shrug. "I could eat"

JJ parks the car and we get out. The weather is pretty cloudy today and I can already feel the raindrops sprinkling my skin lightly. JJ and I walk towards Vapiano's.

***

JJ and I eat pasta by a window seat and talk about stuff. It's really nice being able to talk to JJ so calmly. He never really has free time, so when he does, it's nice that he decides to spend it with me. After the whole Harry situation, he had to leave for a bit, but now he's back and not as angry anymore.

"Randy's coming over in a bit," JJ says. "He made me some new beats. We're going to try them out if you wanna join us?"

"Sure," I nod, taking a sip of water.

"We could make a song and just play around a bit," JJ says, raising an eyebrow at me. "You like to sing don't you?"

I nod and shrug afterwards. I think I do.

***

After lunch, JJ and I get back in the car and drive home.

Randolph arrives at three pm and JJ calls me down to the small home studio. I never really go in there because it's dark and the foamy walls make me feel a little claustrophobic.

"Hey, Randy," I smile, hugging him as I enter the studio.

"Hey, munchkin," he chuckles, lightly tousling my hair. "You good?"

"She got kicked out of school today," JJ smirks.

"Ooo a rebel," Randolph jokes, sitting in the desk chair by the music panels.

I roll my eyes and sit down on the sofa opposite JJ. A microphone sits there on a stand in front of me while JJ has his at the desk across from me.

"Right, so I made a few beats over the weekend," Randolph explains, opening music files on the computer. "I made some light ones and some really heavy ones"

Randolph plays through twelve beats. Each beat sounds sick and I find myself having fun with the boys.

"Any beat you'd like to start with?" JJ asks me.

I shrug. "They're all good"

"Let's do the sixth one," JJ says, nodding towards the computer.

Randolph clicks the beat and lets it play. JJ writes down a few lines in his lyric notebook whilst Randolph grabs a pair of headphones from the desk. He puts them over my ears and I adjust them so they sit comfortably.

JJ starts rapping and I watch in awe as the lyrics fit perfectly with the beat. JJ is very talented when it comes to anything musical and I go red when he looks at me.

"What do I do?" I laugh, hearing my echo in the headphones.

"Sing!" Randolph laughs, sitting back in his chair. "Smash something out. Anything at all"

I let the beat fill my body and try to write a few lines in my head. With JJ and Randy looking at me, I find it impossible to sing.

"Can you two..." I smile. "Turn around? Sorry, I get weird"

"You're so shy," JJ chuckles, turning away. "Go ahead"

I take a deep breath and then start to sing. The words flow smoothly and I feel my eyes widen when I hit a note I never thought I could hit. I stop immediately and then blush fiercly when Randolph and JJ turn around, surprised expressions on their faces.

"Jesus Christ, Holly," Randolph exclaims, his mouth hanging open. "I never knew you could sing like that"

"That was so good!" JJ laughs, leaning back against his chair. "You need to make more songs with us"

***

After more singing, Randolph leaves at six and JJ puts an arm around me as we walk to the living room.

"I'm really happy you sang today," he smiles, squeezing me gently. "You're so talented"

"Thanks, dad," I sigh with a smile. "It was pretty fun"

***