· Separation Anxiety ·

Enjoy! xx

***

Holly's POV

***

"Achooo!"

I sigh and get some kitchen roll to blow my nose. It's late May, almost June and I'm dying with the flu.

"Bloody hell, lad," Harry chuckles, running a hand through his freshly cut hair. "Try to keep your germs on the other side of the fucking room"

"You gave me the germs, you dingbat!" I retaliate, sounding stuffy and ill. "The audacity!"

"Harry, leave her alone," Josh says, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "Do you want me to make you some more tea?"

Harry rolls his eyes. "How come she gets babied when she's ill, yet I get tossed to the side like some beggar when my immune system is shit?"

"Because she's pleasant and cute and...well, everything you're not," Freya replies, switching the kettle on with a smirk. "Earl Grey or Chamomile, lovey?"

"Earl Grey, please," I smile, sticking my tongue out at Harry.

"The both of you are so childish," Josh sighs.

"Nah, you're just old," Harry grins, dashing out of the kitchen as Josh chases him with a butter knife.

I yawn and rest my head on my arms, letting the cold marble countertop cool my hot skin as I rest my cheek against it.

"Boys," Freya sighs. "I honestly don't know how we survive with the amount of shit going on daily. Especially the loud nonsense Harry and Ethan create with their wrestling and such"

I let out a soft chuckle and nod slowly, my head throbbing with an awful headache.

"I'll slice up some lemon and ginger to add in too. That should help the sore throat if I pop some honey in there aswell"

Freya pours the boiling water over the teabag, adds honey, slices of lemon and grated ginger. Along with a spoonful of sugar, my tea is now ready.

"There you go, gorgeous," Freya smiles, pushing the mug towards me. "Careful, it's hot"

***

It's early in the evening when JJ gets back from the studio. He seems to be in a tired mood.

"Hey, dad," I yawn, sitting up from the sofa where I fell asleep earlier. "How was the studio? How's Randolph?"

"All good," JJ replies, sitting down on the sofa next to me. "Randy's also pretty good"

"When can I hear one of your new songs?"

JJ looks down at my hopeful face and he chuckles, shaking his head. I pout.

"You'll have to wait just like everyone else, sweetheart"

"But it's so faaaaaaaar away! Dad, this isn't fair,"
I whine.

"Sorry," JJ grins, not sounding very sorry at all.

I sigh but cuddle up to JJ and rest my head on his chest. His arm comes around my back and he holds me close, reaching for the TV remote on the coffee table in front.

"How are you feeling, sweetie?" JJ asks, turning on the TV as he rests the back of his hand across my forehead.

He waits a few seconds.

"Yikes, you're pretty warm"

I shrug. "I'm just tired and achy. I did have one of the most epic sneezes ever before though"