• Bruised Neck ·

Enjoy! xx (Don't forget to vote, comment and follow if you like it!)

***

Holly's POV

***

"Lemon?"

I nod and JJ hands me a slice of lemon for the plate of salmon in front of me. I squeeze and drizzle the fish in lemon before taking a big bite. 

"Is it good?" JJ asks, taking a bite from his own plate. 

"Really good," I reply. 

The boys finished filming today and were quite tired out afterwards. Vik, Ethan, Tobi and Harry went to nap whilst Josh and Simon streamed. It's nine pm now and it seems like everyone else is still busy so JJ and I decided to have dinner together. It's been a long time since it's just been the two of us and it's nice. 

"So, how's school going?" JJ asks, cutting up his potatoes. 

I shrug. "It's okay, I guess. I'm just nervous to get the mock GCSE results on Thursday"

"Aw, sweetheart," JJ smiles, shaking his head. "I'm sure you did great. You always do really well at school"

"I'm still worried, though," I say, rubbing the back of my neck. "It's my future, my college courses and potentially, my job. I'll have to make my own money, move out, deal with taxes and-"

"You're sixteen, Holly," JJ sighs, looking at me. "You don't have to move out until you're ready and I'll help you with jobs and taxes and all that. I don't want you to worry about adult stuff"

I chuckle and shake my head. "I know I'm being paranoid, but this stuff weighs on me constantly"

"As it does with most kids your age," JJ nods, agreeing with me. "I promise I'll take care of you and whatever you need, okay? Don't stress"

"Thanks, Dad," I smile, feeling a little better. 

We pause for a minute to eat before resuming the conversation. 

"How was filming today?"

JJ nods. "It was great. We only had to redo the intro about fifty times which is an improvement from last weeks shoot"

I laugh and nod. "I remember. That was a disaster"

I take a sip of water and push some hair over my shoulder as I go for another bite of Salmon. JJ frowns and narrows his eyes, looking at my neck. 

"What?" I ask, looking down. "Is there a spider? JJ, I swear if it's a spider-"

"Your neck is bruised," JJ frowns, walking around the table to my side. 

JJ turns his phone flashlight on and aims it at the left side of my neck. The light hurts my eyes. 

"JJ, you're blinding me"

"Sorry, hun, but there's a bruise"

I feel around for it and press down on different parts until it hurts. 

"Ouch," I frown. "How big is it?"

"Pretty big," JJ frowns. "Did you bang your neck somewhere?"

I shake my head mildly. 

"Hang on...who did this to you?"

Confusion spreads through my body as JJ asks the question. I haven't had anyone touch my neck. 

"There are fingerprints on your damn neck, Holly"

JJ's tone elevates and his harsh tone starts to scare me a little. I really don't like when JJ raises his voice.