· Connections ·

Chapter suggestions always welcome down below! 

***

Holly's POV

***

It's been a full two weeks now. Amber's staying for even longer because along with the painting renovations, she's decided to have a whole new kitchen put in. Yipee. 

Amber's been busy with work and meetings, but when she is here, she spends all her time with JJ. Vice versa. The rest of the boys have also been busy with meetings, filming and streaming. I've been getting pretty annoyed all week due to their neglection. I know they probably don't mean to do it or make me feel this way, but they are doing it.

***

"Ms Olatunji, am I boring you?"

I jump awake and slowly open my eyes. The whole class is staring at me and laughing. I look down and see my sleeve stained with drool, my mind goes blank and I start to feel anxious as more kids start to laugh. 

"N-no sir," I sigh. "Sorry"

Mr Wilson looks at me and studies my face. 

"Take a moment outside"

I take the opportunity and step out into the hall. The hallway is empty and I sit on the bench outside the maths classroom. The anxiety settles in my stomach and it starts back up when Mr Wilson steps outside a few minutes later. 

"Are you okay?"

I feel my heart sink when he sits next to me. 

"I don't think so," I sniff, feeling the tears start to drip down my face. "I-I'm sorry, sir. C-can I call m-my dad? I wanna g-go home"

"Go up to the office," Mr Wilson sighs, checking his watch. "It's best to go home if you're not feeling well"

***

I try calling JJ for the fourth time but there's no hope. He's not picking up. I sigh and try Tobi and Harry. No response. 

"Come on," I groan, pressing Simon's contact. "Someone respond. Please"

"Yello?"

"Simon?" I say, feeling my heart rise in hope. 

"What's going on, kiddo?" he asks. "Aren't you supposed to be in class?"

"See that's the thing," I mumble, rubbing the back of my neck. "I feel awful and-"

"You need me to come get you?" he ask softly. 

"I tried everyone else, but-"

"Hey, it's okay," Simon says. "I'll be there in fifteen"

Simon hangs up and I pocket my phone, finally feeling like I can breathe. 

***

"Thank you so much, Simon. I know you must be busy-"

"Don't mention it," he says, turning the steering wheel and backing out of the school parking lot. "How are you feeling now?"

"Still pretty shaky," I reply, hugging myself in the front seat. "Bad headache, tiredness, the lot"

"When we get home, you're going straight to bed. I want you to drink some water, eat something and then sleep. I'll try to get hold of JJ, but he doesn't seem to be answering his phone"

I nod, resting my head against the car window. The soft pattering of rain on the windshield helps me ease into a sleepy state and then eventually, fall asleep.

***

I wake up on the living room sofa, a blanket wrapped around me. I look like a burrito.

"Hey, you're up," JJ says softly, walking towards me. "Simon said you weren't feeling so great. Sorry for not picking up the phone. I was in the studio and-"