• The Maldives (part 6) •

Enjoy! xx

***
Holly's POV
***

"Please don't bite me, mate," Harry says softly, extending his peace of toast out to the seagull standing on our breakfast table. "I'm only being nice here"

I sip my tea and raise an eyebrow as Harry and the seagull make eye contact. I have a feeling this isn't going to end very well. 

"You're crazy, lad," Josh says with a chuckle, shaking his head as he sips his coffee. "The staff put up a sign saying don't feed the bloody seagulls"

"That's a bit rude," Harry frowns.

"It's for a reason," I interject, taking a bite of my waffles.

Harry looks at me and raises an eyebrow.

"And you know this reason, do you?"

Harry and I share a look, challenging each other to say something dumb.

"Now, now, children," Josh teases, going into dad mode. "No fighting at the table"

"Fuck off, fossils," Harry replies, earning an annoyed squawk from the seagull next to him. Harry must have been scared because he yelps and falls out of his chair.

I laugh out loud along with Josh.

I guess the seagull doesn't like disrespect.

***

After breakfast, Josh, Ethan and I head down to the beach. It's only us this morning because everyone else is busy sleeping off a hangover.

Last night, the group decided to go partying. I stayed in the bungalow and watched some movies whilst everyone was out since I'm underage. Josh, Ethan and Tobi didn't drink, but everyone else went crazy apparently.

"Last in the sea is a used condom!" Harry yells, ripping his shirt off before heading down to the water.

Josh and I share a confused glance before shaking our heads and laughing. We set the towels down on the empty beach and sit down, not ready to go swimming just yet.

"How you doing?" Josh suddenly asks, taking his pocket from his phone.

"I'm alright," I reply, smiling shyly. "You?"

"All good, lad," Josh chuckles. "You just seemed a bit off the other day. Anything going on?"

I hesitate for a moment. Should I tell Josh? Should I not tell Josh? What if he tells Freya? What if Freya tells Talia? What if-

"I won't tell your dad if that's what you're worried about," Josh says, raising an eyebrow. "Cmon, you can confide in me. I promise I won't tell anyone"

"Well...," I dither, picking up some sand to play with. "I talked to the cute boy behind the bar a few days ago and JJ completely flipped when he found out"

"He yelled at you?" Josh frowns.

I shrug. "Not really. He just got really serious and told me to stay away from the boy"

"He's your dad, Holly," Josh sighs. "I think he's just worried about the guy being like-"

Josh pauses and I roll my eyes, tossing some sand at him.

"You can say the goddamn name, Josh"

"JJ's worried about the guy being like Ben," Josh finishes, shrugging as the words leave his mouth. "It's only normal, sweetie. Ben was really really detrimental for you and it hurt all of us to see you like that"

"But Aiden isn't like ben," I sigh frustratedly. "JJ's just being annoying"

"I think he's just trying to protect you," Josh replies, cocking his head to the side as we make eye contact. "But at the same time, I'm on your side. Not every guy is abusive and foul. I think JJ was just angry that he wasn't there when the whole thing happened with Ben"