· JJ Comes Home ·

***

Holly's POV- Thursday

***

I wake up to Vik shaking my shoulder and pointing at my phone. The phone reads eight in the morning and I groan. How the fuck did I oversleep?

"You have about five minutes before you have to leave, sweetheart," Vik chuckles.

Easy for him to laugh about it. He's in a dressing gown and probably will go back to bed when I leave.

"Thanks, Vik,"I sigh. "I don't get it. This is the first time I've overslept in forever"

I grab some clothes, dash into the bathroom and get dressed. Vik's response comes through the crack in the bathroom door.

"You did go to bed at four in the morning," Vik says, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Hush," I hiss warningly. "No one else needs to know that"

"Everyone knows, Holly. You're not fooling anyone"

"Damn it"

Vik chuckles and smiles when I come out of the bathroom. I'm not smiling though. I actually feel like crying. I have to go in two minutes and I won't be able to do my makeup. I know it's not a big deal but I hate the way I look without it.

"You look nice"

"Thanks, Vik," I sigh, grabbing my glasses case from my bedside table.

I pop my glasses on and grab my bag. Again, I never leave the house with glasses on. Why is this morning turning out to be such a mess?

Vik gives me a hug before I go and it's comforting at least.

***

After school- Thursday

***

"Who keeps calling you?" Ben sighs, nodding at my ringing phone on his coffee table.

I sigh. "Don't worry about it"

"Is it a guy?"

"Ben, I said don't worry about it"

"Holly, why do I have the feeling that you're lying to me"

I roll my eyes and pick my phone up. Simon flashes on screen and I raise an eyebrow at Ben, showing him.

"Still worried?"

Ben scoffs and looks the other way as I answer the call.

"Hey, Simon, what's up?" I ask.

"I'm outside Ben's house in the car. I'll explain later, just come out"

Simon sounds rushed so I waste no time saying a quick okay and ending the call. I grab my bag and stand up. Ben frowns and grabs my wrist.

"Where are you going?"

"I have to go Ben," I sigh. "Simon needs me for something"

"I need you for things too, you know?"

"Simon's family," I say, bending down to kiss Ben goodbye. "It's different"

Ben ducks away and I sigh.

"Fine. Give me the cold shoulder. I'll see you on Monday"

I quickly rush out the door and towards Simon's car. It's raining heavily and when I get in, Simon's smiling widely.

"What's going on?" I ask, putting my school bag by my feet and putting my seatbelt on. "You seemed rushed"

"I'll tell you with the others at home," Simon says. "It's great news, trust me"