· Overprotective ·

***

Holly's POV

4 pm

***

I open my eyes to the sound of my closet drawers opening and closing softly. My biggest curse is being a light sleeper. 

I sit up and rub my eyes before leaning on my elbows and looking at JJ who's carrying a basket of what looks to be clean laundry. 

"JJ?" I yawn, shifting into a sitting position and running a hand through my tangled hair. 

JJ turns around and smiles at me. He has his bandana on instead of a durag for the first time this week and I'm curious. 

"Sorry, Holls. Didn't mean to wake you, darling"

"That's okay, Jide," I yawn again. "What time is it?"

JJ checks his watch.

"Four"

I shake my head and lift the bed blanket off me. The warmth wears off and I'm met with a nice cool breeze from my open window. 

"What time do we have to be at Callux's?" I ask, lazily dragging my eyes to my phone screen.

"Eight," JJ replies. "Dress code is anything you want. Nothing fancy"

"Thank god," I mumble.

"I washed those jeans you wanted for tonight. They're right here"

JJ chucks my denim ripped jeans at me and I catch them, shutting my eyes and hugging it to my chest. These jeans are my soulmate. They're so comfortable and flattering. 

"Thanks, JJ," I smile, laying the jeans on the bed to pair with a shirt later. 

JJ ruffles my hair and kisses my temple. 

"No worries, kiddo. I'll be in my room if you need anything"

JJ exits my bedroom and I decide to hop in the shower. We have four hours before needing to be at Cal's, but I like letting my hair air dry so I wash my hair. When I've rinsed my hair properly, I step out of the shower and dry my body off. I pull on bike shorts, an oversized long sleeved shirt and tie my hair up in a bun. When it's dry, it'll come out wavy and curly-ish. 

I walk into the kitchen and pour myself a glass of orange juice before settling down on the living room sofa to watch Netflix. I stretch my legs over the sofa pillows and hang off the sofa upside-down, letting my bun skim the top of the living room carpet. I find sitting this way more comfortable. 

***

7:00 pm

***

I finish my makeup with a last brush of highlighter on my cheekbones and toss my lipgloss in my small bag. I fluff out my wavy, silky hair and touch up my eyeliner before spraying myself with a soft rose perfume. 

Lastly, I put on my jeans, a short sleeved shirt over my long sleeved one and air force 1s.