· The Fear of Drowning ·

Enjoy! xx 

TW: Mentions of deep water and drowning xx

***

Holly's POV

***

"Do you want another pillow?"

"No thanks"

"Are you sure? Talia says you need at least six pillows to be comfortable there"

"Talia's chatting shite," I reply, curling up in the LoveSac in Simon's room.

Simon laughs and shakes his head, going back to his emails.

JJ and I have been on weird terms since the dinner last week with his parents. I know he's fine and that he's not angry at me at all, but it still feels like he kind of hates me. I apologized to the grandparents over the phone, but I don't think I'm quite forgiven just yet. It's frustrating, but I understand.

Since I feel bad being around JJ, I've been hanging out with Simon and Talia a lot more.

I snuggle into the furry LoveSac and shut my eyes. My sleeping pattern has somehow gotten worse and I have no idea why. It could be something to do with last week with JJ's parents, but when I think about it, it doesn't seem to fit the way I'm feeling. I think I'm feeling off just because. No reason needed.

The soft click-clacking of Simon's fingers on his mechanical keyboard is relaxing and allows me to let go of real life for a few seconds as I daze in between sleep and consciousness. I like being in this drowsy state where nothing feels real.

"Do you want a blanket?" Simon asks gently. "It's kinda cold"

I nod slowly and he grabs one from the closet, draping it over me with ease. He smiles and pats my head like a small dog before going back to his computer.

"Thank you," I mumble.

***

I wake up around seven in the evening and stretch, feeling the warmth leave my body when I accidentally kick off the blanket. My phone lights up with messages from Aiden and other people, but I lack the energy to text back at all so I pocket my phone instead.

I sit up and rub my eyes, letting out a big yawn.

Simon's room is empty, all signs of him gone. I guess I'll have to go down and socialize with the others.

***

I walk downstairs and see the rest of the guys scattered around the downstairs area. Josh, Ethan and Tobi are having a conversation about something in the living room. Vik and Harry are on their laptops in the dining room and JJ's on the phone outside.

I direct myself into the living room and plop down next to Josh. Ethan and Tobi seem surprised to see me.

"Hey there, stranger," Ethan says, raising an eyebrow at me. "Where've you been all week?"

"Around," I shrug.

The boys glance at each other and I sigh. I guess they're not wrong. I haven't exactly been the most social person for the past week or so.

"How about school?" Tobi asks. "You haven't been in for ages"

"After the GCSE's, kids just go to school to have fun now. Teachers put on films and set up games and I just want to stay home"

"Fair enough," Josh chuckles. "I remember JJ telling us this"

I nod. "I just have to go in to collect my GCSE results and prom in a few weeks, I guess"