• Chore Dilema •

***
Holly's POV
***

"Eggs?"

"No"

"Bacon?"

"No"

"Toast?"

I shake my head no again and rest my cheek on my palm. My eyes go down to the marbled countertop as my eyelids drop, evidence from the sleepless week showing.

"Everything okay?" JJ asks, sipping his coffee as he raises an eyebrow at me.

I nod and open my eyes wide again, sitting up straight on the stool I'm sitting on.

Lately, my anxiety has been through the roof. I don't know why, I don't know how.
It could be the fact that I'm starting college soon, but it doesn't really feel like it is. It could be that guy who took photos of Freya, Talia, Faith and I, but that thought makes me feel more sick than anxious. It could also be related to the lack of sleep, but I'm not too sure about that either.

"You sure?" JJ pushes.

I nod again.
I don't feel like talking about this anymore, let alone with JJ. These talks can be uncomfortable. ESPECIALLY with your parent.

"Okay, well, I have a few meetings in an hour or so. I'll be back around four this afternoon"

JJ walks over to the sink and dumps the rest of his coffee into the drain. He rinses the cup and then places it on the tea towel next to the sink to dry.

"I expect you to behave yourself with the boys this time and follow directions seeing as you're still grounded. Remember, going outside is fine, just don't leave the property. If you leave, and the boys have complaints about your attitude, there will be consequences"

I put my head down on the counter and let out a sigh, letting my hair fall over my face like a curtain.
I feel sad, tired and annoyed. These emotions seem to have appeared out of thin air, not directed at anyone.

"Holls, are you sure you're okay?" JJ asks gently, placing his hand on my back. "You want me to stay?"

"It's fine," I mumble. "Go have your meetings. I'm just tired"

JJ doesn't look convinced or anything by my response.
JJ gives me a hug and ruffles my hair before exiting the kitchen.

***
JJ's POV
***

I exit the kitchen and grab my bag by the staircase.
I stop in the mirror by the door and adjust my bandana before fixing the watch on my wrist. My mind is centered on the meetings I have today, but my anxieties and worries of the day go back to Holly.
Holly's always very calm in the mornings and quiet, but today she felt different. She said she was tired, but that's the excuse she always uses when she feels down.
I'll check on her later when I come home. Maybe she just needs some time to think about stuff. What with her starting college, having siblings soon and moving, I can understand if she's terribly stressed and worried.

I see Josh and Simon jog downstairs, both of them dressed for the day. I stop them on the way to the kitchen and sigh, slinging my bag over one shoulder.

"A quick word?"

The guys nod and share a look.

"Holly's been a little quiet this morning. I don't know if something's happened or if she's just not sleeping again, but could you guys just keep an eye on her?"

"Yeah, sure," Simon says. "No problem"

"And if she gets upset or angry, could you guys just take it easy on her? I know I never ask for all this, but I'm worried about her"