• Time for a Holiday •

Enjoy! xx

***
Holly's POV
***

"What are you doing?" Amber asks, eyeing me carefully as I dip my hand into the bag of flour.

"Nothing..."

"Holly, I can tell you're up to something"

"I'm not"

"Uh, yeah you are"

Without another word, I take the flour and throw it at Amber's black sweater. She gasps and immediately retaliates by pouring some flour on my head.

"How dare you!" I screech, feeling the flour work it's way down my hair and into my eyelashes.

"You started it," Amber laughs, running away from me as I get the flour again.

The front door opens just as I run by and bump into JJ and Randolph. Amber laughs on the other side of the living room as JJ raises a questioning eyebrow.

"What's going on with you two?" He laughs, giving me a hug hello.

"Amber's being mean to me," I pout, hugging JJ back. I haven't seen him all day.

Amber crosses her arms and gives me a look, a smile overtaking her frown.

"You're cute," Amber says, walking over towards us. "But you started it and you know it"

JJ pushes me away playfully and ruffles my hair. We enter the kitchen together and when he sees the mess, he gives me a look.

"Amber did that," I reply, trying not to laugh. "She put flour over me, I told you!"

JJ shakes his head but wears a smile on his face. I think he's happy to see I'm smiling again. I've been a bit of a Debby downer these past two weeks. I can't really help it, but it happens, unfortunately. Thankfully, Amber seems to have made me a bit better. She's such a light in JJ's life and that light has spread into mine. She could say anything and it would sound comforting.

"Clean this up," JJ says, pointing around the flour-on-the-floor corner. "I need to talk to Amber"

***

After cleaning up the flour mess, I check the chocolate chip muffins in the oven and shut the oven door when I see they haven't risen yet.

I put the mop back in it's designated closet by the back garden door and then walk into the living room where I see JJ and Amber having a conversation.

JJ looks up at me and smiles.

"Hey, Holly, come here"

I walk towards the couple and sit next to Amber. She puts an arm around me and pulls me close, hugging me to her heavily perfumed sweatshirt.

"What's up?" I ask, running a hand through my long hair.

"Well, I wasn't going to tell you yet, but the boys and I were thinking of taking a trip somewhere," JJ smiles, picking his phone up from the coffee table.

"Where to?"

"Somewhere warm," Amber chuckles. "Thank God. I'm sick and tired of British weather"

JJ pats the spot next to him and I switch sofas. I sit next to him and lean on his shoulder as he swipes through pictures of where we'll be staying.

"Any guesses?" JJ asks, swiping through clear water pictures and white sandy beaches.

I have a few guesses in mind, but am still not sure.

"The Bahamas?"

JJ laughs and shakes his head.

"I give up, just tell me," I laugh.

"We're going to the Maldives!" Amber claps excitedly.

I feel my eyes widen. I can't believe we're all going to the Maldives together.

"What about filming?" I ask.

"We'll prerecord some stuff," JJ smiles, hugging me close. "You excited?"

"Very," I smile, wrapping my arms around his waist. "This is amazing. Thank you"

"I didn't want to tell you until you felt better, but the boys said a holiday would cheer you up"

"I'm already feeling a little better," I say, suddenly feeling my heart sink a little.

I would love to go on holiday to the Maldives, but I'm worried about myself. I don't want to suddenly get an anxiety attack and ruin everyone's time there.

"Holly?" JJ frowns, taking my face in his hand.

JJ makes me look at him and I think he can read my mind. He sighs and runs a hand down my hair.

"Listen, don't worry about being anxious, okay? You don't have to be okay all the time to go on the trip. We're all here to help you with whatever you need. If you don't feel okay on the holiday, that's fine. Its normal. I don't expect you to suddenly be fine, alright? Healing takes time and if you need to heal during the holiday, you can"

"What if I bring the mood down? I want everyone to have fun-"

"You won't bring the mood down, sweetheart," JJ says, hugging me tightly. "I promise, yeah? Anything you need, we got you"

"Yeah," Amber smiles softly, taking my hand in her soft one. "If you're not feeling great, we can have a spa day"

Amber winks at me and I smile, feeling a whole lot better. I love having the security JJ and Amber provide for me all the time.

"Okay," I say, taking a deep breath. "Thanks, guys"

"Of course," JJ laughs, ruffling my hair. "Anything for you, angel. We're leaving next week, so I'll let you girls start planning your outfits"

JJ rolls his eyes at the end and I share a mischievous look with Amber. He knows what us girls get up to.

"Not too much skin either," JJ warns. "I'll pack a baseball bat just incase some slimy dude tries to get it on though"

I roll my eyes. Why does he have to be so damn protective all the time?