· Tug of War ·

Enjoy! xx

***

Holly's POV

***

Amber knocks on my bedroom door when I'm brushing my teeth. I tell her to come in and spit the toothpaste out, washing my sink out before joining Amber on my bed. 

"Here," Amber says, handing me a pile of fresh laundry with a smile. "I washed the cat onesie for you. Hopefully, it's softer too. I picked up some fabric softner the other day and I used it on your dad's sweatshirts. He said they were comfier so, yeah"

"Oh, thank you," I reply. 

I place the pile on my desk chair and walk to my bed where I sit down. I don't have plans to do anything today, so I guess I'll do some studying and then take a nap or something later. 

"Look," Amber suddenly sighs, sitting next to me on the bed. "This week has obviously been hard and you've been working a lot. Why don't we go for a walk?"

I look at Amber and see the worry in her blue eyes. I want to say no, but at the same time, I have nothing better to do. 

"Sure," I say, faking a smile. 

The relief in Amber's eyes make me feel better about saying yes. I know she's just trying to help.

"Okay, well, we'll go soon, yeah? I have to do something first"

I nod and Amber squeezes my hand gently before leaving. 

***

Amber's POV

***

I walk into the kitchen where JJ's making himself a tea. He claims he's ill, but I think he's just overworked. 

"Hey, love, you feeling better?" I ask him, putting a hand on his back. 

"Yeah, a little," JJ replies, his tone lower than usual.

"That's good. I'll make you some soup later, if you'd like"

"I think I'll be fine," JJ sighs. "Don't worry about me"

I nod and watch as he sips his tea slowly. His eyes seem distant and he's physically here. Mentally, he's somewhere else. 

"So, hey, listen," I say, sitting on a kitchen chair to talk to him. "I asked Holly to go for a walk with me. Do you want to join us? I know you two have been....well....distant"

"She's grounded, Amber," JJ says, shaking his head. 

"Oh, come on," I sigh, rolling my eyes. "The poor girl has been so stressed out. She can't even go on a little walk now?"

JJ sighs again, but I'm determined to change his mind. 

"Please join us"

JJ looks at me like I'm crazy. His face doesn't seem to be the same anymore and neither is his personality. I don't know if something happened, but he just seems unhappy.

"Are you seriously okay?" I ask gently, giving him a hug. 

JJ doesn't hug me back. 

"I'm fine, Amber"

"JJ-"

"I just need some time"

JJ walks upstairs to his room and I sigh, feeling completely hopeless. JJ's in a certain mood these days, Holly seems to need some serious clinical help with anxiety, the rest of the boys are walking around on eggshells and I don't know what to do.