• Dad? •

***
Holly's POV
***

"Here's some parmesan," Simon says, pushing the bowl over to me.

"Thanks," I reply.

I sprinkle some cheese over my bowl of pasta and dig in. Talia and Simon also start to eat, talking about their streams from tonight. I sat in the background of Talia's stream for a bit and answered some questions before pissing off to the guest room where I'm staying for the next few days.

JJ left for LA for business and music yesterday. He'll be back on Saturday, but I already miss him dreadfully. I thought living together just us two would be horrible, but we actually seem to get along better when there's no one else around to input their opinions.

Simon and Talia stepped in immediately when JJ asked the guys who could take care of me this week. No offense to any of the other lads and their girls, but I'm secretly happy I've been left with Simon and Talia. For one, their flat is sick and two, I just feel more at home around here. It's a definite plus that Talia can cook beautifully too.

"Have you called JJ yet?" Talia asks, taking a bite of her homemade gnocchi.

I shake my head no. "Not yet. I'll call him before bed"

My college has given the students a two week break. It doesn't really make sense, but I'm not complaining because along with the half term coming up, I'll have plenty of time to rest, recharge and do the things I like to do. Along with being given a break, my English teacher gave me an A star on my essay I've been working on for the past month. It was the highest grade in my class and Talia's pushing me to tell JJ. I'm happy I got an A star, but I know JJ won't really care.

"I don't know how you're such a good student," Talia says, shaking her head. "School these days just seems like more stress than it's worth. I would've dropped out by now"

"You did," Simon chuckles, ducking his head as Talia smacks him with her napkin.

"Okay, look, my A levels were..."

I lose track of what Talia's saying and laugh at Simon instead as he imitates her, speaking in a high pitched voice and moving his hands around.

"We all know I'm the smartest one of the two," Simon grins smugly, winking at Talia.

"I'm not having this argument again," Talia groans.

"Because you can't argue with facts," Simon shoots back.

I smile at the two. They're cute together.

***

After dinner, Talia, Simon and I decide we're not tired enough to go to bed and leave each other alone. We sit on the sofa in the living room and turn to Netflix as our source of entertainment for the evening.

I fall asleep halfway through the second episode of a show I forget the name of and wake up when I feel someone shaking my shoulder. I open my eyes and see Talia standing above me. The lights are all off and there's some soft shuffling sounds coming from the kitchen.

"Go to bed," Talia says gently, smiling at me. "It's late"

I sit up from the sofa and check the time. It's one am.

***
4 am
***

I toss and turn in bed, unable to let the nightmare go. Tonight, it's been nightmare after nightmare after nightmare. I can't catch a break.

I try to open my eyes, but my body won't let me. Everything is dark and scary and I can't stand it here in my dreams. I just want to wake up and calm down and maybe take a shower.