· School Fight ·

This chapter was requested! (Feel free to suggest chapter ideas down below) xx

***

Holly's POV

***

I push my lunch tray away and sigh, checking my phone for the time. Twenty minutes until my last class and then I'm free for the weekend. 

My grounding officially ended yesterday, so Charlotte and Sophie hit me up and we're hanging out this weekend. The girls seemed distant when I texted them a few days ago and they haven't really talked to me at school either. I know I'm an expert when it comes to pushing people away, especially when I feel as shit as I have been recently. Hopefully, I can rekindle the friendships this weekend though.

***

The bell rings for the end of lunch and I grab my bag, making my way to my next class. 

The hallways are filled with students and I keep my head down, hoping to get to my history class in one piece. Crowds make me feel nervous, but today my anxiety has been pretty chill. 

I gasp when I bump into someone. I look up and feel my heart drop. Chelsea Adams looks me straight in the eyes with her crystal clear blue ones. Her long platinum blonde hair is pulled into a tight bun and her four friends stand on either side of her. I feel like I'm in a Mean Girls movie. 

I start to back away slowly, mumbling an apology. Chelsea steps closer and looks me over. 

"I can see why your mother dumped you at an orphanage, loser"

My heart aches when the words leave Chelsea's mouth. Her friends Kate, Kayleigh, Leah and Jess laugh, their cackles sounding like crows from some old movie. 

"Aww, is she going to cry?"  Kayleigh sneers, smacking my textbooks out of my hands. "Cry it all out, slut"

My eyes sting with tears, but I fight them back. I can't let them know they're hurting me. I try to walk past, but Leah sticks out her foot, making me trip and fall face-first into the floor. 

Suddenly, a feeling of rage takes over. My blood starts to boil and I start to tremble with adrenaline. It annoys me how people think they can bully others and make them feel so miserable. It's time I stand up for myself. 

I get up off the ground and brush myself off. Chelsea looks unimpressed as I try to think of a way to confront her. Chelsea and her friends are a lot taller than I am unfortunately so I have to be careful. 

"Got something to say, you adopted loser?" Chelsea asks, tossing her hair over her shoulder. "It's sad how someone could hate their own daughter so much-"

I reach out and slap Chelsea hard across the face. She stumbles back in shock before her eyes darken and her friends join in. 

"You bitch!" Chelsea shrieks, tackling me to the floor. 

Chelsea scratches at my face with her long nails and I hiss in pain as she finally makes contact with my skin. When I touch my cheek, it comes away with blood. 

I manage to flip Chelsea over and straddle her. I throw punch after punch, laying into her face, body and anywhere I can reach. Kate, Kayleigh, Leah and Jess stand back, their eyes widening as the whole scene unfolds. Multiple students get their phones out and I suddenly realize what I'm doing.

***

"Fighting and bullying is unacceptable at my school"

I look down at the floor as headmistress Michelle scolds Chelsea and I continuously. I've wiped all the blood from my face, but Chelsea seems to have a bigger problem. I definitely hurt her a lot more than she hurt me.