· Secrets ·

Chapter ideas and suggestions welcome in the comments down below!

Enjoy! 

PS: A short chapter today because it's just a build up for tomorrow's chapter xx

***

Holly's POV- 10:30 pm

***

"Stop it"

"Why?"

"Because it's annoying"

Harry ignores my request and continues to poke my arm. I roll my eyes and feel the urge to yank his hand off his forearm and stick it up his arse. 

"Harry," I say politely, turning to face him. "I am currently bleeding out of my vagina, so I will again ask you very kindly to stop poking me before I hurt you badly"

"Oh shiver me timbers!"Harry laughs, shoving me playfully. 

I sock Harry right in the shoulder and he lets out a loud yowl. He glares at me as he holds his arm, looking shocked. 

"Damn, you're strong. That really hurt!"

"I know," I smile, pushing him out of the way as I walk past.

I put my dinner plate in the dishwasher and walk back to the living room sofa where Harry's still complaining. I roll my eyes and tell him to man up.

***

11 pm

***

"Goodnight, Harold," I yawn, giving him a sloppy hug before walking upstairs.

As I walk down the hall towards my bedroom, muffled talking from JJ's room catches my interest. I know I shouldn't eavesdrop, but the temptation is strong.

I press my ear against his bedroom door and listen as JJ and Amber talk about something. The word "she" gets thrown around a lot and I frown, wondering who they could possibly be talking about.

"Don't you think we should be honest with her?"

"Yes, but not right now"

"Why not?"

I hear JJ sigh and slam a drawer shut. 

"Because I don't want to scare her. Everything's already moving so fast"

"Do you think me moving in with you and Holly is too soon then? I thought she liked me"

I feel my heart skip a beat. Is Amber moving in with us next year? Amber sounds a little offended and I wish I could go in there and tell her that's not the case. I really do like Amber and I don't mind it, but why wouldn't JJ just tell me upfront?

"She does like you, babe. It's just too soon"

"I don't-"

"Just drop it, Amber. Please. I'm her dad, I'll decide when to tell her"

JJ and Amber both go quiet and I quickly rush to my room. What the hell just happened? How long has JJ been thinking about this? Why wouldn't he just tell me in the first place? I have so many questions for JJ. I feel annoyed with him for keeping secrets from me. He hates when I don't tell him things, yet he's doing the exact same thing. Hypocrite. 

***

The next morning I go down for breakfast and see JJ, Simon, Talia and Harry having coffee. Talia's talking about having to move yet again.

"How's the apartment hunt going?" I ask, sitting at the kitchen counter on a stool. 

"Ugh, it's painful," Talia replies, smoothing her hair down. "People keep telling me the listings are available, yet cancel on me last minute"