· Break-in ·

Please don't forget to vote if you enjoyed this chapter, along with following my profile and commenting some things you'd like to see in the upcoming chapters! (such as ideas, details or more characters!)

Thank you so much and I hope you like it!

<3

***

Holly's POV

***

"Ugh, I can't be asked," I sigh, slamming my notebook onto my head.

I'm so sick of school lately. My mock exams are coming up soon in February and my brain feels the size of a watermelon seed. I can't seem to think or concentrate properly, let alone complete homework or revise.

Talia watches as I keep hitting myself with my maths notebook. These math equations have been doing my head in for the past two days and I can't seem to fucking do anything.

"Hey," Simon frowns, taking my textbook and putting it down on the table next to me. "Stop that. You're hurting yourself"

"Kinda the point," I mutter.

Simon raises an eyebrow at me and I look down at the floor.

"You can ask anyone for help, you know this," he says.

"It's fine. I can do it myself just fine," I huff, gathering my things before walking upstairs to my room.

***

I dump my textbooks on my desk and flop face-first onto my bed.

These mock exams are approaching, my anxiety seems to be getting worse, I'm still trying to get better after the whole Thomas situation and my head always seems to hurt. I can't sleep either and end up going to bed at four in the morning.

I shut my eyes and will myself to get some sleep, but the nagging voice in the back of my head says I don't deserve to sleep or eat until I complete that dreaded maths study guide.

***

I open my eyes when I hear the sound of laughter echoing through the house.

I tap my phone screen and sigh when the time reads six pm. How is it already six? I swear the weekends go by so quickly.

My face unlocks a text from JJ and I lazily sweep my eyes through the text, wanting to go back to sleep.

Home in ten. We're meeting the Cal's for dinner at Palatino at nine tonight by the way xx

I sigh and shut my eyes, screaming internally. I really don't wanna go out tonight. I'm tired and stressed and I need to revise some more and see if shit actually stays in my brain this time. 

I see that the message was sent twelve minutes ago so I pocket my phone and heave myself off the bed. I make my way downstairs and sigh when I see all the guys talking in the living room. JJ sits there next to Simon and Talia, talking about something else. 

"Hey," he smiles, seeing me and waving me over. 

I sit on the armrest of the sofa and smile softly when JJ hugs me to his side. 

"You okay?" he asks, rubbing my back. 

I shrug and stay in his hold. I think my face is reflecting everything I'm feeling because Simon and Talia frown gently. 

"JJ?" I sigh.

"Mmhm?"

"Do I have to go out with you guys tonight?"