· Ignoring parents? Absolute class ·

Chapter suggestions/ideas always welcome down below in the comments!

Enjoy! xx

***
Holly's POV
***

"JJ?"

"Hmm?"

"When can we get a dog?"

JJ chuckles softly and rolls his eyes. I think he's getting tired of me asking him the same exact question every day. 

"When we move"

"You keep saying that!" I point out, pouting at him. "Please can't we get one now?"

JJ shakes his head and sits up, rubbing the back of his neck. He's been sat on the sofa for ages, editing his video for YouTube. Mo got admitted to hospital last night and is being checked over for the next several days, so he's unable to edit the rest of JJ's videos for a little while. 

"And every single time you ask, I tell you that we'll look into it when we move," JJ smiles, patting my head as if I were a dog. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting to go to"

JJ stands up from the sofa, drops a kiss on the top of my head and grabs his coat. He leaves his laptop on the living room table and checks his bandana in the hallway mirror. 

"You going, babe?" Amber asks, exiting the kitchen in an apron. 

JJ nods and gives her a quick peck. 

"What time will you be back?" Amber asks, checking her watch. 

"Around eight, eight-thirty maybe?"

"Okay," she grins, giving him another kiss. "I'll have dinner done by then"

"You're a dream," JJ smiles, opening the front door. "Love you, girls! Bye!"

***

"Add a handful of chopped garlic to the pan," Amber instructs, tying the knot on the back of my apron. "Does JJ let you use the knife?"

"Yeah, of course," I nod, smirking at the lie.

I'm helping Abmber make dinner. I haven't cooked in ages, and the last time I used a knife, I cut my finger pretty badly. It was then when JJ banned me from the knives, saying I could only use them if I had "adult supervision". Oh well, that's out the window. Technically, I do have an adult supervising. 

I take the knife in my hands and begin to dice the garlic along with rosemary, lemon zest and ginger. Amber takes the finished product and chucks it into the pan of cooking chicken breasts. She cuts off a knob of butter and chucks that in the pan too. The kitchen smells amazing after a few minutes. 

"Could you start the broccoli, darling?"

I nod and start to cut up the broccoli.

***

As dinner finishes cooking on the stove, Harry challenges me to a game of Mario Kart. 

Let's just say he's a very sore loser.

"How's this happened then?" Harry frowns, watching me do a victory dance as the scores come onto the screen. 

"Just admit it, boggo," I smile, tossing my hair over one shoulder. "I'm better than you at Mario Kart. Suck on that!"

Harry rolls his eyes but demands a rematch. He wins that round. 

"That's not fair!" I screech as Harry laughs out loud. "YOU HIT ME WITH A SHELL WHEN I WAS TWO SECONDS AWAY FROM THE FINISH LINE!"

"You wouldn't have won anyway," Harry grins, enjoying my reaction.

"You're such a dick!" I laugh, shaking my head.