• Sweet Sixteen •

Please vote, comment, and follow if you enjoy! Also, feel free to comment new chapter ideas down below.
It was my birthday yesterday so that's why this chapter is late! I turned sixteen and I'm writing this as if it were my party that I couldn't have, unfortunately. Covid and that 🙄

***
Holly's POV
8 am
***

I'm awoken from my heavy slumber by the sound of hushed voices and loud footsteps.
I want to tell whoever is in here to get out, but I don't have the energy to open my eyes, let alone open my mouth to say anything of the sort.

I groan softly when I feel someone's hand make contact with my shoulder. They shake gently, then shake again when I don't react.

"Is she dead?" I hear someone that sounds like Harry whisper.

"She's not dead, you moron," Josh replies. "She's breathing"

Confused as to why Harry and Josh are in my room, I crack an eye open and feel my body start to wake up when I see all the guys by my bed.

"Are you guys going to kill me or something?" I yawn, grabbing my phone to check the time.

JJ rolls his eyes. "It's your birthday, Holly!"

Ohhhhh riiiight. It just dawns on me that today, November 24, is the day I turn sixteen.

Mad.

"Did you honestly forget?" Tobi laughs, sitting on my desk. "That's peak"

"My birthdays have never been counted before," I sigh, sitting up and rubbing the back of my neck. "They were never special"

"Well, here they are," Simon smiles, handing me a mug of hot chocolate with marshmallows floating on top. "Happy birthday, sweetheart"

The boys all give me a hug and sing me happy birthday. It's embarrassing, to say the least, but sweet all the same.

***

After having breakfast in bed, JJ tells me to get dressed and then meet them downstairs for my birthday "surprise".

I shower, curl my hair, do my makeup, and get dressed into something comfortable, but nice. It is my birthday after all.

When I come downstairs, I feel everyone's excitement radiating around the room. I also see the dining room table covered in wrapped presents. I feel my heartbeat wildly. I hope they're not all for me.

***

Thankfully, the boys say we'll open presents later on in the afternoon. 

I hate receiving gifts. I like giving, but when it comes to receiving, the guilt of someone spending money on me makes me feel ill.

The guys lead me outside into the garden and I'm confused when I see a drone thingy and a large rolled-up thing next to it. Vik sees my frown and laughs before asking Josh and Tobi to help him "Set it up". 

When the boys lift the rolled-up mat thing and pick up the drone, I suddenly realize what it is and mentally facepalm myself for being such a dumb twit.

It's a home movie screen and projector.

"This is so sick!" I exclaim, stepping back and looking up at the massive screen.

"We'll set it up later when your friends come around at night," Simon explains, slinging an arm around my shoulders. "You like?"

"I love it, guys. Thank you so much!"

I hug all the guys and they all say I'm very welcome. 

***

The rest of the day includes a pillow fight, hide and seek, swimming in the indoor pool, and playing Wii sports.