• JJ's Birthday •

Please leave a vote and comment (can comment an idea) if you enjoyed! Thanks! Xx

***

Holly's POV

***

I wake up early and with a smile on my face. Today is JJ's birthday. June 19th. My god, I can't believe he's twenty-seven! So close to thirty!

I get out of bed and get cozy in leggings and a Sidemen hoodie before walking to the kitchen. No one's up and I'm not surprised. For one, it's 8 am and second, Simon and Talia have just gone to bed two hours ago due to streaming.

I get out a pan and grab some eggs from the fridge. JJ's favourite breakfast is chicken and waffles but I don't know how to make them so I decide to go for his second favourite breakfast. A ham and cheese omelette, hashbrowns and white gravy.

I get started on the gravy first. I put a generous slab of butter into the pan and watch as it melts. When it's completely melted, I whisk in the flour and milk making a roux.  I let the gravy sit with a lid on as I carry on with the omelette and hashbrowns.

I butter some toast as a finishing touch and compile the whole breakfast onto a plate and tray with coffee and orange juice. I hope he's hungry.

I jog to my room and grab the card I made for JJ, almost forgetting. I slip the card under the plate and walk to JJ's door. I don't know if he's awake or not so I knock softly.

"Come in!"

I open the door and JJ smiles when he sees me. He starts chuckling when he sees the tray.

"Happy birthday!" I smile, setting the tray on his bed.

He smiles and shakes his head, extending an arm. He moves over so I can sit on the bed too and he kisses my temple.

"Thank you, sweetheart!"

We hug and he turns to his breakfast. He lifts the tray and places it on his lap.

"What abomination have you created today?"

"JJ!" I laugh, shocked. "I'm offended"

JJ rolls his eyes. "Hmm"

He cuts a piece of omelette with his fork and lifts it to his mouth. 

"Mmmm, surprisingly good" he comments.

I roll my eyes and fold my arms, glaring at him. He laughs and ruffles my hair but I don't crack.

"It's delicious, Holly. Thank you"

"That's better," I mutter, mock being offended.

JJ looks at me and does his scooby doo laugh. I can't help but laugh with him.

"In all seriousness, thank you, Holly," he says, pulling me in for a cuddle.

I rest my head on his chest. "You're welcome"

JJ frowns when he picks up the card I made. I sit up, keen to see his reaction.
He opens the card and I hold my breath as his eyes trickle down the page.

"Oh, Holly! You're adorable!" He smiles, bringing me into another hug.

"I mean it too," I sniff, feeling a little emotional. "I do think you're the greatest dad"

JJ kisses my hair and rubs my back. "I'm glad you think so. Holly, this card has made my day and even possibly my week. There's no one else I'd rather be a father to"

"Oi, you're going to make me cry," I laugh, hitting JJ's shoulder gently.

"Okay, well let's not do that," JJ smiles, standing up and offering me a hand. "Let's go wake up Simon and Talia and force them to party with us"