· Bed-Bound ·

***

Holly's POV

***

It's been a few days and I finally feel a little bit better. No one's bothered me so far and I think the boys have finally realized that sometimes it's just best to leave me alone when I'm like this. I apologized to Harry over text for yelling at him. He was okay about it and even came to talk to me for a bit. I didn't answer due to being mute but I'm thankful that he understood why. 

***

I'm folding my laundry and putting it away in my closet when JJ knocks on my bedroom door. The door is half way open anyway from earlier when Talia and I had a chat. 

"Hey," he smiles. "Can I come in?"

I nod. "Of course"

JJ walks in and sits at my desk chair. He spins around so he's facing me and I keep folding my clean clothes, loving the therapeutic feeling of having a steady activity pattern to keep focused on. 

"I see you finally got around to folding your clothes," JJ chuckles, nodding at the pile on the foot of my bed. 

I shrug. "I was feeling a bit better this morning so I decided to do it"

"That's great," JJ says, a small smile audible in his tone. "I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better. You're talking more too"

"Yeah, this morning I actually felt inclined to get out of bed," I reply shyly, still uncomfortable talking to JJ about my off days. I always feel so guilty for pushing him and the others away. 

JJ doesn't say anything and instead watches my hands as I fold more clothes. I fold slowly, letting my fingers touch the soft fabrics and cloths of my clothes. The slower I do it, the more time I can have not worrying about anything else except getting this job done. 

"Can you pass me that white shirt?" I ask JJ, reaching out for it. "Please?"

JJ places the shirt in my hands and grabs the whole pile, positioning it neatly next to me on the floor. 

"Ey! Don't ruin my system!"

JJ raises an eyebrow, amused. 

"What system? Systematically making the job harder on yourself by having to stretch and reach over to retrieve your clothes?"

I roll my eyes and smile when I hear JJ's chuckle. A comfortable silence falls over us, the sound of my soft humming bringing life to the bedroom as I keep folding. With JJ sat on the office chair and me sat on the ground, it makes the conversation less awkward. 

"I'm glad you're doing better, kid," JJ finally says. "It takes a lot of strength and courage to get up and make yourself do something productive when you're mind and heart are contradicting each other. I'm proud"

Hearing those two magic words leave my dad's mouth makes my heartbeat pump warmth and love around my body. I haven't heard those words in a long time and I guess it's nice to hear that. Especially from a parent. 

"Thanks, dad," I smile, shutting my eyes as I lean against his legs. "It means a lot"

JJ exhales heavily and his fingers find their way into my hair. He gently tugs it, making me look up at him. He looks upsidedown from my angle, but I can read his fond expression clearly. 

"I know I need to work on saying that a bit more. I actually forget how nice it is to hear those words every once and a while"

I nod as I fold the last shirt. I stand up to reach the higher shelves and feel my heartbeat increase in speed. My fingers linger on the shirt as I place it on a shelf, unable to let it go.