• Meeting Amber •

I know I've been writing a lot of sad chapters lately, but they are easier to write since I can put emotion and life into the characters more. However, I would like to brighten up the next few chapters, so if you have ideas of fun things I could write about, please let me know! xx

New chapter out tomorrow btw! Might be late at night because I'll be with friends but I'll get it out for sure! 

I hope you all had a good day (If you didn't, feel free to rant in the comments :) I know life can be frustrating!) 

Drink water, grab a snack if you haven't eaten yet and put on some music. Relax, you have entered the safe space xx

Enjoy!

***
Holly's POV- Thursday
***

"I heard there's a new girl joining our year on Monday," Charlotte says, munching on buttery popcorn as Sophie and I send each other weird memes.

"Where's she from?" Sophie asks, perking up at the sound of someone new.

Sophie's a people pleaser. She loves making friends and hanging out with people and just being a nice person overall. Sometimes, it's her downfall. People like Chelsea make her miserable and it angers me that others could be so horrid to my cute soft best friend.

"I haven't met her, have I?" Charlotte replies with a laugh. "I have no clue"

Sophie pauses sending memes and instead goes to her email to check for a school newsletter. I roll my eyes. Sophie's in desperate school buddy mode now.

"Ugh, my mum's bitching again," Charlotte sighs, typing out a text with her long false nails.

"Oh she's probably just worried," Sophie says, putting a piece of hair behind her ear. "We were supposed to be home half an hour ago"

"So?" Charlotte huffs, rolling her eyes. "She doesn't have to be such an overprotective vulture. I swear she never leaves me alone"

Sophie and I lock eyes. My heart aches when I hear Charlotte talk about her mum. Granted, they don't have the best relationship out there, but at least she still has a caring mother. I can't help but feel a pang of jealousy.

Sophie looks down at the floor and nibbles her lip. She lives at home with two younger sisters, an older brother and her single dad. Her dad's amazing and a right sweetheart, but we girls need mothers too. Don't get me wrong, I love having JJ as my dad, but he's not exactly a mother figure too.

"Let's just go," Charlotte sighs, retrieving her things from my bed. "She won't stop unless we go home"

***

I hug the girls' goodbye and wave as they walk down the driveway. I shut the door when they turn the corner and exhale, leaning against the wall. My social battery ran out about two hours ago when Charlotte and Sophie first stopped by to hang out.

I walk into the living room and launch myself onto the sofa freely. The guys are out today for filming, so I have the house to myself for a few hours, adult free.

***

I hear cars pull into the driveway around six pm.

I put my laptop down flip my middle finger to my maths homework. It's been doing my head in for ages, and no matter how many breaks I take, I just can't seem to comprehend the basic level of mathematics. I never have and probably never will.

I jog downstairs and reach the bottom of the stairs just as the front door opens. The boys all walk in, talking and laughing about something that had happened at the shoot. JJ walks in last, his coat completely soaked with rain.