· House Hunting ·

Sorry for the late chapters recently. My mental health has been impossible to deal with and I've been putting all my time into streaming on Twitch too. Remember that suggestions are always welcome and I hope all of you are well! xx 

TW: Mentions of self harm

Enjoy! xx

***

Holly's POV

***

"Through here we have the kitchen and living room..."

I walk behind the lady who's showing JJ and I around the house he found for sale online. We're moving out soon and we've seen about two houses so far this past week.

JJ and I walk into the living room and stop. The walls are a pale blue, the furniture is white as snow and the fireplace is made out of ugly red brick. The room looks strange and feels cramped. Judging by JJ's facial expression, I can tell he's not too enthusiastic about the place either.

"These doors open and shut with ease," the lady continues, demonstrating how to open the garden doors. "It's great for lots of fresh air and ventilation"

JJ and I step out into the garden and immediately wrinkle my nose at the stench. JJ does the same and looks around. 

"What the fuck is that stench, fam?" 

The lady blinks her eyes in surprise at JJ's language and I can't help but giggle. What with her straight hair, innocent bright blue eyes and carefully ironed suit, I'm not surprised she's shocked. 

"The neighbours have a horse next door," the lady explains, seeming to still be taken aback by the language uttered. 

I look around the garden and see lots more wrong. I'm not a house decorating expert, but even I know broken fences, greasy barbecues and horse dung isn't exactly the key to selling a house. 

The lady must sense JJ and I's concern because she tries to distract us by walking back inside. 

"Would you like to see the basement or bedrooms next?"

"I think we've seen enough," JJ says brightly, placing his hands on my shoulders. "I'll be in touch"

***

"Bloody hell, that was interesting," JJ chuckles, backing out of the driveway. "Five minutes longer and we probably would've seen a rotting corpse in the basement"

I laugh and do up my seat belt. It's funny, but JJ's probably right.

"Are we seeing another house today or nah?" I ask, taking my phone from my hoodie pocket. 

"I don't think I can handle another damn viewing if I'm being honest," JJ says, turning down the main street. 

"Fair enough," I chuckle. 

"You know what I could handle?" JJ says, raising an eyebrow at me. 

"What?"

"Some good food"

***

A few minutes later, JJ and I are eating McDonald's in the parking lot. Music trickles out of the speakers gently as JJ and I talk about stuff like his show and his album. 

"How are you doing?" JJ suddenly asks, breaking away from the conversation about his songs. 

I shrug. "Fine, I guess?"

"Are you sure?" JJ sighs, his brown eyes filled with care and concern. "I know I've been super busy with the album and show and Sidemen filming. I just don't want you to feel like you're not important to me, you know? Because you are"