• The Engagement (prt 2) •

TW//: Self harm

***
Holly's POV
***

"Are you ready to go?" JJ asks, putting his hands on my shoulders as the music starts dying down from the speakers.

It's much later in the evening now. I check my phone and feel my eyebrows shoot up when the time reads two am. I feel tired and worn out, which explains the time and all.

"Yeah," I reply. "I just need to go get my coat"

"Same," JJ says, putting his hand on my head as he smiles. "I'll go get the coats. You stay here and don't wander off anywhere"

JJ departs from my side and disappears into the crowd of guests in search of our coats.
I stand by the bar and lean on the counter, relieving the pain from my feet. Heeled boots weren' the right decision for tonight, but it's too late now. The damage is done.

I look around the party and smile when I see how happy Vik and Ellie are together. I didn't get to speak to them much tonight, but I hope they know how happy I am for them.

"Move"

I feel something push into my shoulder and I turn around to see no other than Harry's slutty date. She looks drunk and in a bad mood.

"Excuse me?" I reply.

"Move, bitch"

"Do just have no fucking manners?" I say, crossing my arms over my chest.

I hate this woman. She thinks she can just walk all over me all evening and I wouldn't do anything about it? Just because she's Harry's date doesn't mean I can't cuss a bitch out.

"Sorry, little girl, why don't you move aside before I call security?"

"For what?" I challenge, finding it funny that she thinks she can call security on me for doing nothing.

Amelia looks at me. Her red dress has torn at the bottom and her lipstick seems to have gotten worse. She looks like a tramp.

"Listen here," Amelia says, getting in my face now. "I don't know who the fuck you think you are, but move before I move you myself"

"Don't put your hands on me"

I try to walk away, but Amelia grabs my wrist, a smug smile on her face. She's trying to be funny, but I'm not laughing.

I suddenly feel the need to shove her. So I do.

Amelia trips over her heels and she lands on the floor. She lets out a cry of surprise and anger and I stand there, above her, feeling the need to laugh. A year ago I would've never done that, but I'm kinda tired of people walking all over me.

"Holly, what the fuck?"

JJ and Harry jog over from where they're talking and join Amelia and I. I guess JJ and Harry have reconciled because I haven't heard or seen them speak since the incident in the Sidemen house a few weeks ago.

I cross my arms and roll my eyes as JJ and Harry help Amelia up. That bitch deserves to be on the ground.

"Are you okay?" Harry asks, smoothing down Amelia's black hair.

Amelia nods and gives him the sickliest sweet look ever. I almost vomit at the act.

"What is wrong with you?" JJ whispers, turning to me. "I raised you better than to do this. You need to apologize"

I stare at JJ in shock. Is he serious?

"No," I say simply.

JJ frowns and he crosses his arms too. I suddenly feel very small and fragile, but I'm determined not to let it show. I tilt my chin defiantly and shake my head no.