· Saved At Last ·

Vote, follow, and comment some chapter ideas down below! (I saw this idea somewhere but couldn't find the at!)

<3

TW! 

***

Holly's POV

***

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing. 

I groan and sit up, rubbing my eyes. I reach for my phone and feel my heart leap in anxst as Thomas's name flashes up on the screen. Great. This is a great reminder that I have to break up with him today. 

I pick up the phone and press it to my ear, preparing to hear his usual demanding tone. 

"You're finally up, are you?" Thomas snarls. "Lazy bitch"

I sigh and feel my eyes find comfort in the wooden floorboards.

"Anyways, I need to talk to you today. I'm coming to your house around five, okay?"

Thomas doesn't even wait for me to reply as he hangs up the phone. Great. 

***

I walk downstairs cautiously. After yesterday afternoon, the guys must think something's terribly wrong. I'm quite embarrassed that they witnessed me crying.

"Morning," I say shyly as I enter the kitchen.

JJ looks up from his oats and smiles at me. Josh also smiles at me and I'm glad it's only them two in the kitchen this monring. 

"Morning, how'd you sleep?" Josh asks, pushing the cereal box in my direction. 

"I slept okay," I reply, grabbing a bowl. "How about you two?"

JJ nods. "I slept great"

"So did I," Josh says. "I had a weird dream that I was in..."

Josh's voice trails off in my head as JJ makes eye contact with me. I swallow hard knowing what his eyes are saying. The "we need to talk about yesterday" look. 

Talia enters the kitchen a second later and suddenly, I feel cornered. She also makes eye contact with me and I nod, trying to tell her that I'm breaking up with Thomas today. Or trying to break up with him at least. 

***

After breakfast, JJ says he needs to speak to me before going to a few meetings. 

"Okay, talk to me," JJ sighs, shutting his bedroom door behind him before sitting down in his desk chair. 

"About what?" I mumble, looking down at the carpeted floor. 

"About yesterday," JJ replies neutrally. "I want to know where that bruise on your neck came from"

Feeling brave, I decide to fight back a little.

"It's really none of your business, JJ," I say. 

"You are my daughter," JJ says sternly. "You're my business and anything that happens to you is also my business. Now, tell me where that bruise came from"

"JJ-" I start.

"Holly, I can sit here all day if I must. I can reshedule my meetings for tomorrow instead if I have to. You're not going anywhere until you tell me the truth"

"Why are you doing this to me?" I sigh. "It's clear that I don't wanna talk about it, yet you force me to talk about someone who hurt me-"

I suddenly shut my mouth. I just said someone hurt me.