· Acting Up ·

Enjoy! xx

***

Holly's POV

***

It's four in the morning when I wake up feeling dazed and confused. My heartbeat is rushed, but my body stays still and calm.

This isn't a nightmare.

I sit up in bed and yawn, looking at my phone. I ignore the notifications from Instagram, Whatsapp and TikTok and slide out of bed. I walk to my door and open it a crack, stepping out into the hallway when I'm sure it's clear. I pad down the carpeted hallway, careful to be quiet and smooth.

I knock on JJ's door gently before pushing it open a little. I slip through and walk around the hamsters nibbling on food in their cages, their eyes still blinking rapidly with no signs of sleep.

"Dad?" I whisper, shaking his shoulder slowly.

JJ doesn't move and continues to snore.

"Dad?" I try again, shaking him once more.

Again, no movement.

I climb onto his bed and kneel down behind him. I shake him for the third time, being more forceful this time.

"Da-a-a-ad," I sigh, whining when he doesn't wake.

"What. Do. You. Want"

I chuckle quietly at his response and sit properly next to him. I don't know why I felt the sudden urge to talk to him about moving out now, but I guess it's happening.

"Holly, what time is it?" JJ groans softly, checking his phone. "It's bloody four am! Go back to bed!"

"I can't, dad"

"Did you have a nightmare?" he asks, this time his tone is gentler.

"Nope," I reply.

"Then what the fuck?" he sighs, resuming his previous tone. "Go to bed. Now"

"But I need to talk to youuu," I sigh, resting my chin on my knees.

"We can talk at an appropriate time in the morning," JJ grumbles. "Let me sleep"

"Dad, I really want to talk now"

JJ sits up and turns his lamp on. For a second, I think he's going to kick me out of his room, but to my surprise, he rubs his eyes and turns to face me.

"Okay, what do you need to talk to me about that's so urgent?"

I shrug. "I woke up with a random worry and I had to come ask you when we're moving out"

JJ's eyes fly open and for a second he looks confused. He then sighs and shakes his head, lying back down.

"We still need to look at houses, and depending on how quickly we find one, we could be moving in August or September"

I nod and stay quiet, suddenly confused as to why I felt the need to ask him.

"Go to bed," JJ says quietly, squeezing my hand gently. "Love you"

"Love you too," I sigh.

When I don't leave immediately, JJ sighs and wraps an arm around me, bringing me down to the mattress next to him. His arms feel so safe and I know I'm going to miss being able to sleep in his bed when Amber moves in with us.

I shut my eyes and feel myself waving in and out of sleep as JJ slowly rubs my back, his fatherly instincts kicking in as he notices my worry.

***