· Away From Home ·

THIS CHAPTER WAS REQUESTED! <3

***

Holly's POV

***

"For how long?"

"Just a few days," JJ chuckles, packing his folded clothes into a suitcase. "You'll be with Talia"

JJ cups my chin in one hand as I pout and he smiles.

"You'll be fine"

"You and Simon have to go?" I ask, hugging one of his bed pillows to my chest.

"Yes. I'm going for business and Simon has family he wants to see"

I lie down on his bed and stare at the ceiling. The fan in his room is on and it starts to get a little cold.

"What if I get anxious?" I sigh.

"Call me," JJ replies.

"What if I'm bored?"

"Text me," JJ replies again.

"What if I get pregnant and drop out of school?"

"Kill me," JJ says without missing a beat.

He smiles at me and I know he thinks I'm too innocent to ever do what I said I'd do. He knows I'm kidding.

"You'll be fine, Holly. Talia has all the numbers and she knows what you're comfortable and uncomfortable with"

"I know, but you never go anywhere," I point out, giving him my best puppy dog eyes. "I'm not used to you gone"

"Better get used to it,"JJ laughs. "I've got music videos to film everywhere"

JJ zips up his suitcase and places it on the floor next to his bed. He's not leaving until tomorrow morning.

***

The next morning

7 am

***

I wake to the sound of my door creaking open. I sit up and smile when I see JJ. My smile disappears when I see him fully dressed and carrying a travel bag.

"I'm leaving now," he smiles, giving me a hug.

I hug him around the neck and sigh. "Goodbye"

"Bye, sweetheart. I'll see you in a few days. Be good for Talia and call me later, okay?"

"Okay"

JJ kisses my cheek and tells me to go back to sleep. I ignore him and walk out to the living room where Simon's also dressed and ready.

"Bye, Simon," I say, wrapping my arms around his waist. "I'll miss you"

"I'll miss you too, hun," he chuckles, ruffling my hair. He hugs me tightly before letting me go. "We'll be back before you know it"

***

After they leave, I make myself some cereal and settle on the sofa to watch the new season of Modern Family.

Talia wakes up at nine and joins me for a bit before going out to get a coffee with Gee. She asks if I want to join, but I decline politely.

***

The next day, Freya calls Talia and tells us to come back to the old Sideman house where everyone is still staying. She wants to hang out with us.

"Is that okay?" Talia asks, handing me a bowl of pasta she just made. "I know you and Ethan aren't getting on at the moment. We don't have to go"

"That's fine," I smile. "I would love to see Freya"

Talia nods and calls Freya back.

***

Talia and I arrive at one pm. Freya and Josh wave at us from inside and open the door for us. We hug, exchange pleasantries and enter the Sidemen mansion.

Talia and I decide to share JJ's old room and start to unpack. I haven't seen Ethan yet so that's good. Come to think of it, I haven't really seen anyone.

"Hey, did you see anyone apart from Freya and Josh?" I ask, frowning. 

Talia shakes her head. "No. That's sus"

I laugh and shrug. Oh well, the less I see of Ethan the better.

***

Talia leaves for a few hours to run errands and leaves me with Freya and Josh. We order food for dinner, pick a movie and wait for Talia to come back.

"How are you?"

I look at Josh and he smiles softly .

"I'm okay," I reply. "You?"

"Very well," Josh says.

"And the others?"

"They're okay, but they miss you, Simon and JJ. Especially Ethan"

"I'm sure he does," I mutter.

"Holly, he knows he fucked up. He's very sorry"

"Josh, I don't want to talk about it"