Chapter 18: The Forbidden Scroll

~~~

Naruto was in a normal attire as he walked through the empty streets of Konoha. He had to create a plan that would make it seem like he was forced into a situation where he had to fight Mizuki.

Naruto had been told that Mizuki would be taking a route that would lead himself out of Konoha. The real question that was needed to be asked was:

What is Mizuki's possible route?

I'm sure he wouldn't take a route that has very important people living throughout the route. Naruto thought, continuing to walk in the empty streets of the village named Konoha.

He had to create a plan that was efficient and held no flaws whatsoever. Naruto put two fingers right up to his chin, making it seem like he was trying to hold it. Thoughts and thoughts roamed through his head.

Then which route is most optimal for his escape? Naruto thought, wondering what could be the best escape for him. He narrowed his eyes at the ground below.

Did he even create an optimal plan for his escape? He had to — Konoha is much more difficult to escape from than just infiltrating in. Naruto thought, suddenly jumping on a building.

His hair flowed through the night sky as he jumped from tree to tree. His eyes traveled as he tried predicting of a route that Mizuki could potentially take. Naruto furrowed his eyebrows right together.

Maybe he could make a route to the quieter part of the village? Naruto thought, his eyes looking right behind him. He looked over there for a split second before turning his head back to the front.

Nah, that would take too long for Mizuki. It would also risk him of showing his cover, since there are parts throughout the village. Naruto thought, jumping right on top of another building.

Then that leaves for Mizuki to escape using the vast forests that is around Konoha. There is also a lot of forests inside of Konoha that he could use throughout the escape. Naruto thought, landing right on top of a building.

Then which forest is closest to the Hokage Residence. Naruto thought, quickly closing in on the Hokage Residence at a quick and silent speed. Once he was close enough, Naruto stood on top of a stone pillar, looking right at the Hokage Residence with his deep azure eyes.

Now, did Mizuki already get the Forbidden Scroll? Or is he trying to get it now? Naruto thought, observing the area of the Hokage Residence with his eyes. Naruto lightly raised an eyebrow.

There was someone there.

There was a slight shadow that was silently moving up the Hokage Residence. The said shadow seemed to have disappeared right after due to the shadow entering the Hokage Residence.

Naruto narrowed his eyes.

It seems like that was Mizuki. Naruto thought, looking to the side that Mizuki had came from. He noted that he had came out of a forest to the right of the Hokage Residence. Naruto nodded at that bit of information.

It's highly likely that Mizuki would try and actually go that route once more to try and secure the Forbidden Scroll. Naruto thought, silently jumping down to the ground.