Jasper x Shy! Reader Request for @MariaSeavey006

This long-awaited request is for the lovely @MariaSeavey006 (if this is your request and you'd like to be tagged, let me know in the land of comments and I'll change it! :) ), I hope you like it, and I'm so sorry it's taken me a hot minute to get it published for you! This one will contain a butt-load of fluffiness and situations of abuse(if you or someone you know is being abused, please call for help! No one should have to go through that), so fair warning on that. And now, I'm gonna shut up, and let's get to the story!

Y/N's POV

Some people really suck big piles of ass. How do I know this? Because I live with people who think that beating up their child is the best form of entertainment. Ny name is Y/N, and me and my little brother, B/N (A/N: B/N=brother's name :) ), are stuck in our house with our parents; I call them Mother and Father because they don't deserve to be called my mom and dad. And it didn't help that I was seventeen years old and B/N was five and he had to listen to them arguing back and forth while occasionally acknowledging I exist. However, this is the story of how I and B/N managed to get away from that hellhole with the help of a very unlikely source.

I woke up on Friday morning to B/N snuggling into my bed and sleeping with the biggest smile on his face that I'd ever seen. This little boy was the reason I had to stay strong and not let Mother or Father kill him by means of neglect or sever abuse; they'd already started abusing him, and I wouldn't let that continue. I giggled when he rubbed his nose against my chest and I asked, "Hey, big man. You ready to go to school today?" He yawned and I said, "I have to get dressed, so if you can get your clothes and bring them here, I'll help you get dressed and we'll go get breakfast together."

That got him moving, and B/N was out of my room faster than the speed of light; food was the only thing I could use to get him to do anything around the house since Mother never fed him without me prompting her to do so. Sometimes I forget she's the one that gave birth to B/N and myself instead of me. When he came back into my room, I was brushing my h/c hair and pulling it up into a ponytail, my glasses resting on my nose and my backpack packed for the upcoming day. I smiled down at B/N when he handed me his favorite T-shirt and track pants, which I took from him and dressed him in it while he smiled at me like a child at Christmas. After we got dressed, I smiled at him and he stated, "We go get breakfast now!"

I giggled, grabbed my backpack and keys, and answered, "Yep, kid, we're going to get breakfast now and then I'm dropping you off at daycare before going to school. I'll make sure to come get you right on time today so you're not waiting too long." I knelt down to his height and asked, "Are we in agreement, kid?" He nodded, still smiling, and I giggled while stating, "Alright, then stay close to me. I don't know if Mother and Father are awake yet, so we don't want to wake them up right now."

He nodded and we made a game out of getting to my car, which was a classic white Ford Escape that one of my only friends got for me before he moved to I have no clue where; we lost touch, so I miss him like crazy. I got B/N into his car seat, buckled him in, and got into the driver's seat; no one else came after us as we got into the car, so I assumed they were still asleep with alcohol and whatever other shit they took the night before to get them this way. When I started backing up out of the driveway, B/N asked, "When do you think Mama and Daddy will stop hurting us?"

I turned a corner to our favorite diner and answered, "I honestly don't know, little man. I have a feeling they won't ever stop hurting us. But know this. I'm not going to let them hurt you ever, even if I have to put my life on the line to make sure you're safe." I looked in the little mirror at the top of my dashboard and smiled at B/N, knowing in my heart that I'd make sure he was protected and safe; no one should ever think their parents hate them, and I both wasn't going to lie to him and I was going to truthfully protect myself and him with my life.