JasperxOC request for @cherishfallenangel

This long-overdue request is for the lovely @cherishfallenangel, I hope you like it! And I'm so sorry that I've waited this long to get it online for you, do pardon me! This is a mix of smut and fluff, so be aware of that when you read it. Shall we begin? We shall! :)

Mia's POV

I awoke in my bedroom that fine Sunday morning to talking right below me. I lived in an orphanage in Forks, Washington. My parents had left me on the side of the road in front of the orphanage when I was a baby, and I've been at the same orphanage for all of my eighteen years of living. But it was my time to leave the orphanage and go to the hospital to live out the remainder of my mortal life; I was dying, and there was no cure. When I learned that, my hopes of adoption were shattered beyond repair.

That was until Dr. Carlisle Cullen walked into my hospital room and told me, "Hello, Mia. My name is Dr. Carlisle Cullen, and I couldn't help but shed a tear when I heard about your case from one of my nurses. And if you would allow me, I would like to adopt you and give you a family."

My heart almost burst out of my chest when Dr. Cullen finished speaking. I was getting a family? Finally! I nodded, coughed, and answered, "Yes, Dr. Cullen. I'd be honored if you would adopt me and give me a family."

Dr. Cullen smiled, produced a stack of papers from his briefcase that I didn't know he was carrying until now, and handed them to me while still smiling. Another boy with golden-brown hair that I didn't see, spoke up from the corner, "Do you think that we can give her the life she wants, Carlisle? She has leukemia, and we would not be able to give her the life she wants with her diseased blood and what we are."

I asked, "What are you talking about, Mr. Pessimist who I didn't see there?" He turned to me, and the first thing I noticed about him was his golden eyes boring into my soul. I tried to sit up, but since I was so weak, I couldn't even push myself up using my arms; I tried to get myself seated, but immediately fell back onto the bed in a couple of seconds. This new boy, who I've never seen before, came over and slowly helped me sit up properly while Carlisle got my bed in the correct position. I looked at the golden-eyed boy and said, "Thank you for helping me sit up."

He cleared his throat and answered, "You're welcome. I'm Jasper Hale, by the way. I don't think Carlisle said that one earlier."

I smiled and shook his hand. When our hands touched, I felt sparks shoot up my arm and into my heart. Jasper and I were connected, and I didn't know how. I stuttered, "M-Mia. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Jasper's POV

Her voice was music to my ears and sent my undead heart racing. I made a mental note to ask Carlisle about that when we brought Mia home. Just thinking about her name sent my mind racing to all the impure things I could do to her body! This was not OK, and I had to let go of her hand before I did something wrong. I gently let go of her hand and said, "I'll be waiting in the car, Carlisle. See you later, Mia."

She frowned and said, "See you later, Jasper. It was a pleasure to meet you, again. I hope we can have a great friendship if nothing else."

I stopped at the door to her room, not sure how to properly answer her. I smiled at her over my shoulder and said, "I have a feeling that we will be more than friends shortly, Mia. If you will allow me to be more than that to you, that is." I didn't think that I would be nervous at all for anything, but talking to Mia had my nerves going wild.

Carlisle smiled at my back and said, "See you at the car, son. Or did you want to help me get Mia out of her bed into the wheelchair?" I turned around, walked over, and helped Carlisle get Mia into her hospital-provided wheelchair. Carlisle smiled and said, "Fantastic! Now, Mia, you can sign the adoption papers when you're ready, and we'll bring you to our car."